(1) The house price increased / grew / went up / rose / soar by .../ to ... (2) The number of overseas students increased steadily / significantly / considerably / moderately / slightly from ... to ... (3) The ten years saw / witnessed an increase/ rise in the spending on education. (4) The consumption of chicken showed / experienced a rising / upward trend during this period. (5) There was a dramatic increase in the amount of chicken consumed.
(1) The number of Japanese tourists dropped / decreased / declined / went down / fell by / to (2) Beef consumption has declined dramatically / significantly / sharply / steadily / moderately from ...to ... (3) The ten years saw / witnessed a decrease / decline in the spending on public service. (4) The divorce rate showed / experienced a falling / downward trend. (5) There was a slight decrease in the amount of fish consumed.
(1) The consumption of beef was 70 grams more / less than that of lamb. (2) Women spent 36 hours on housework, compared with men who spent only 15 hours. (3) The number of visitors from France was the largest in the four groups / larger than any other groups. (4) Students who watch less television have higher scores. (5) The consumption of beef ranked the first in the four foods.
(1) The amount of coal consumed was three times as much as / more than that of oil. (2) The number of cars produced in factory A was three times as many as that in factory B. (3) The amount of beef consumed almost doubled / tripled, up / rising / climbing from ... to ...... (4) The percentage of female students increased four times. (5) Factory A produced three times as many cars as Factory B.
(1)The amount of water used for agriculture remained/stayed stable/steady/unchanged for 5 years in a row. (2) The unemployment rate level out / was flat at 6%. (3) The house price stabilized at a high level from 1998 to 2000. (4) The power consumption fluctuated slightly in this period.
(1) The proportion of migrant workers reached a record high of / a peak of 60% in 2005. (2) The birth rate peaked at 3% in 2005. (3) The rainfall in 2000 was 1500 mm, a new low / high in twenty years. (4) The percentage of smokers in female grew to a record high of 37% in 1990 and overtook / exceeded that of their male counterparts.
(1) Oil accounted for / constituted / made up 25% of the energy source used in power plants. (2) The proportion / percentage of expenditure on food was 45% in 2000. (3) Coal produced / contributed almost 75% of electricity. (4) Coal has become the fuel for more than 75% of electricity produced.