Part3:C17T2L3 纠错
查看听力原文 关闭显示原文
显示译文

Ed: Did you make notes while you were watching the performances of Romeo and Juliet, Gemma?

埃德:杰玛,你看《罗密欧与朱丽叶》的时候做笔记了吗?

Gemma: Yes, I did. I found it quite hard though. I kept getting too involved in the play.

杰玛:做了。但我发现这很难。我总是太投入到戏里。

Ed: Me too. I ended up not taking notes. I wrote down my impressions when I got home. Do you mind if I check a few things with you? In case I’ve missed anything. And I’ve also got some questions about our assignment.

艾德:我也是。最后我没有做笔记。我回家后就把印象写了下来。你介意我和你对一下吗?以防我错过什么。我对我们的作业也有些疑问。

Gemma: No, it’s good to talk things through. I may have missed things too.

杰玛:不,把问题讨论清楚很好。我可能也错过了一些东西。

Ed: OK great. So first of all, I’m not sure how much information we should include in our reviews.

艾德:好的太棒了。所以首先,我不确定我们应该在剧评中包含多少信息。

Gemma: Right. Well, I don’t think we need to describe what happens. Especially as Romeo and Juliet is one of Shakespeare’s most well-known plays.

杰玛:是吧。我觉得我们不需要描述发生了什么。尤其是《罗密欧与朱丽叶》是莎士比亚最著名的戏剧之一。

Ed: Yeah, everyone knows the story. In an essay we’d focus on the poetry and Shakespeare’s use of imagery etc., but that isn’t really relevant in a review. We’re supposed to focus on how effective this particular production is.

艾德:是的,每个人都知道这个故事。如果是写论文的话,我们会关注(戏剧中的)诗歌,以及莎士比亚对意象的巧妙运用等等,但这些内容对于剧评来说并不切题。我们应该关注的是这个剧院上映的这部剧是否达到了预期的效果。

Gemma: Mmm. We should say what made it a success or a failure.

杰玛:嗯。我们应该说出是什么导致了它的成功或失败。

Ed: And part of that means talking about the emotional impact the performance had on us. I think that’s important.

艾德:还有一部分是谈论演出给我们带来的情感影响。我认为这很重要。

Gemma: Yes. And we should definitely mention how well the director handled important bits of the play – like when Romeo climbs onto Juliet’s balcony.

杰玛:是的。我们应该提到导演对剧中重要部分的处理有多好,比如当罗密欧爬上朱丽叶的阳台时。

Ed: And the fight between Mercutio and Tybalt.

艾德:还有茂丘西奥和提伯尔特之间的争斗。

Gemma: Yes. It would also be interesting to mention the theatre space and how the director used it but I don’t think we’ll have space in 800 words.

杰玛:是的。(在剧评中)写写剧场空间以及导演如何利用空间也很有意思,但800字的篇幅有限,这部分恐怕无法加进去。

Ed: No. OK. That all sounds quite straightforward.

艾德:没有。好的。这一切听起来都很简单。

Ed: So what about The Emporium Theatre’s production of the play?

艾德:那Emporium剧院的演出怎么样?

Gemma: I thought some things worked really well but there were some problems too.

杰玛:我认为有些东西效果很好,不过也有一些问题。

Ed: Yeah. What about the set, for example?

艾德:是的。比如,布景怎么样?

Gemma: I think it was visually really stunning. I’d say that was probably the most memorable thing about this production.

杰玛: 我认为这部剧的视觉效果真的很棒。要我说,这恐怕是整个作品中最令人难忘的地方。

Ed: You’re right. The set design was really amazing, but actually I have seen similar ideas used in other productions.

艾德:你是对的。布景设计真的很棒,但实际上我在其他作品中看到过类似的想法。

Gemma: What about the lighting? Some of the scenes were so dimly lit it was quite hard to see.

杰玛:灯光怎么样?有些场景光线很暗,很难看清。

Ed: I didn’t dislike it. It helped to change the mood of the quieter scenes.

艾德:我并不反感。它有助于改变安静场景的气氛。

Gemma: That’s a good point.

杰玛:有道理。

Ed: What did you think of the costumes?

艾德:你觉得戏服怎么样?

Gemma: I was a bit surprised by the contemporary dress, I must say.

杰玛:我必须说,我对现代风格的服装有点惊讶。

Ed: Yeah – I think it worked well, but I had assumed it would be more conventional.

埃德:是的,我认为它很有效,但我以为它会更传统。

Gemma: Me too. I liked the music at the beginning and I thought the musicians were brilliant, but I thought they were wasted because the music didn’t have much impact in Acts 2 and 3.

杰玛:我也是。我喜欢一开始的音乐,我认为音乐家们很出色,但我认为他们后面被埋没了,因为音乐在第二章和第三章没有太大的影响。

Ed: Yes – that was a shame.

艾德:是的,真遗憾。

Gemma: One problem with this production was that the actors didn’t deliver the lines that well. They were speaking too fast.

杰玛:这部剧的一个问题是演员们没有很好地表达台词。他们说得太快了。

Ed: It was a problem I agree, but I thought it was because they weren’t speaking loudly enough – especially at key points in the play.

埃德:我同意这是一个问题,但我认为这是因为他们说话不够大声——尤其是在剧中的关键时刻。

Gemma: I actually didn’t have a problem with that.

杰玛:实际我觉得还好。

Ed: It’s been an interesting experience watching different versions of Romeo and Juliet, hasn’t it?

艾德:看不同版本的《罗密欧与朱丽叶》是很有趣的经历,不是吗?

Gemma: Definitely. It’s made me realise how relevant the play still is.

杰玛:当然。这让我意识到这出戏仍然很重要。

Ed: Right. I mean a lot’s changed since Shakespeare’s time, but in many ways nothing’s changed. There are always disagreements and tension between teenagers and their parents.

艾德:对的。我的意思是,自莎士比亚时代以来,很多事情都发生了变化,但在很多方面都没有改变。青少年和父母之间总是有分歧和紧张。

Gemma: Yes, that’s something all young people can relate to – more than the violence and the extreme emotions in the play.

是的,这是所有年轻人都能感受到的——比剧中的暴力和极端情绪更能让他们感同身受。

Ed: How did you find watching it in translation?

艾德:你觉得看翻译版怎么样?

Gemma: Really interesting. I expected to find it more challenging, but I could follow the story pretty well.

杰玛:真的很有趣。我原以为会更有挑战性,但我能很好地理解这个故事。

Ed: I stopped worrying about not being able to understand all the words and focused on the actors’ expressions. The ending was pretty powerful.

艾德:我不再担心不能理解所有的单词,而是专注于演员的表情。结局相当震撼。

Gemma: Yes. That somehow intensified the emotion for me.

杰玛:是的。这在某种程度上加剧了我的情绪。

Ed: Did you know Shakespeare’s been translated into more languages than any other writer?

艾德:你知道莎士比亚被翻译成的语言比其他任何作家都多吗?

Gemma: What’s the reason for his international appeal, do you think?

杰玛:你认为是什么原因让他蜚声国际?

Ed: I was reading that it’s because his plays are about basic themes that people everywhere are familiar with.

艾德:我读到这是因为他的戏剧都是关于世界各地的人都熟悉的基本主题。

Gemma: Yeah, and they can also be understood on different levels. The characters have such depth.

杰玛:对,它们也可以在不同的层面上被理解。这些人物都很有深度。

Ed: Right – which allows directors to experiment and find new angles.

艾德:没错,这让导演们可以尝试和寻找新的角度。

Gemma: That’s really important because …

杰玛:这很重要,因为……

Question 21 -22

Choose TWO letters, A-E .

21-22 Which TWO things do the students agree they need to include in their review of Romeo and Juliet?

a analysis of the text

ba summary of the plot

ca description of the theatre

da personal reaction

ea reference to particular scenes

显示答案 正确答案: D E

Which opinion do the speakers give about each of the following aspects of The Emporium's production of Romeo and Juliet?

Choose FIVE answers from the box and write the correct letter, A–G , next to Questions 23–27.

Possible reasons

23 the set 23

24 the lighting 24

25 the costume design 25

26 the music 26

27 the actors' delivery 27

a They both expected this to be more traditional.

b They both thought this was original.

c They agree this created the right atmosphere.

d They agree this was a major strength.

e They were both disappointed by this.

f They disagree about why this was an issue.

g They disagree about how this could be improved.

显示答案 正确答案: 23 d 24 c 25 a 26 e 27 f

Question 28 - 30

Choose the correct letter, A , B or C .

28 The students think the story of Romeo and Juliet is still relevant for young people today because

ait illustrates how easily conflict can start.

b it deals with problems that families experience.

cit teaches them about relationships.

显示答案 正确答案: B

29 The students found watching Romeo and Juliet in another language

afrustrating.

bdemanding.

cmoving.

显示答案 正确答案: C

30 Why do the students think Shakespeare's plays have such international appeal?

aThe stories are exciting.

bThere are recognisable characters.

c They can be interpreted in many ways.

显示答案 正确答案: C

考生贡献解析

点击查看题目解析

暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
保存解析
取消
保存成功!

题目讨论

如果对题目有疑问,欢迎来提出你的问题,热心的小伙伴会帮你解答。

如何高效搞定此篇文章?

C17T2L3