OFFICER: Good morning. What can I do for you?
警官:早上好。我能为你做什么?
LOUISE: I want to report a theft. I had some things stolen out of my bag yesterday.
露易丝:我要举报一起偷窃案。昨天我包里有些东西被偷了。
OFFICER: I’m sorry to hear that. Right, so I’ll need to take a few details. Can I start with your name?
警官:很遗憾听到这个消息。好吧,我需要了解一些细节。我能从你的名字开始吗?
LOUISE: Louise Taylor.
路易斯:路易斯·泰勒。
OFFICER: OK, thank you. And are you resident in the UK?
警官:好的,谢谢。你是英国居民吗?
LOUISE: No, I’m actually Canadian, though my mother was British.
路易丝:不,我其实是加拿大人,尽管我的母亲是英国人。
OFFICER: And your date of birth?
警官:那你的出生日期呢?
LOUISE: December 14th, 1977.
路易斯:1977年12月14日。
OFFICER: So you’re just visiting this country?
警官:那你是来这个国家访问吗?
LOUISE: That’s right. I come over most summers on business. I’m an interior designer and I come over to buy old furniture, antiques you know.
路易丝:没错。我大多数夏天都是来出差的。我是一个室内设计师,我来这里采购旧家具,古董,你知道的。
There are some really lovely things around here, but you need to get out to the small towns. I’ve had a really good trip this year, until this happened.
这周遭有一些很可爱的东西,但我需要到小城镇去。我今年的旅行很愉快,直到这一切发生。
OFFICER: OK. So you’ve been here quite a while?
警官:我明白了。所以你在这里有一段时间了?
LOUISE: Yes, I’m here for two months. I go back next week.
路易丝:是的,我要在这里待两个月。我下周就回去了。
OFFICER: So may I ask where you’re staying now?
警官:请问你现在住哪儿?
LOUISE: Well at present I’ve got a place at Park Apartments, that’s on King Street.
露易丝:现在我在国王街的公园公寓落脚。
I was staying at the Riverside Apartments on the same street, but the apartment there was only available for six weeks so I had to find another one.
之前我住在同一条街上的河岸公寓里,但是那里的公寓只有六个星期的租期,所以我只能另找一间。
OFFICER: OK. And the apartment number?
警官:好的。公寓号码呢?
LOUISE: Fifteen.
路易:15。
OFFICER: Right.
警官:好的。
OFFICER: Now, I need to take some details of the theft. So you said you had some things stolen out of your bag?
警官:现在,我需要了解一些这起偷窃的细节。你说你的包里有东西被偷了?
LOUISE: That’s right.
路易丝:没错。
OFFICER: And were you actually carrying the bag when the theft took place?
警官:偷窃发生时,你确实带着你的包吗?
Yes. I really can’t understand it. I had my backpack on. And I went into a supermarket to buy a few things and when I opened it up my wallet wasn’t there.
路易丝:是的。我真的不明白。我背着我的背包,然后去超市买了一些东西,但当我打开它的时候,我的钱包却不在了。
OFFICER: And what did your wallet have in it?
警官:你的钱包里有什么?
LOUISE: Well, fortunately I don’t keep my credit cards in that wallet - I keep them with my passport in an inside compartment in my backpack.
露易丝:好吧,幸好我没有把信用卡放在钱包里--我把它们和护照放在背包里的一个夹层里。
But there was quite a bit of cash there...about £250 sterling, I should think.
但那里有相当一部分现金,大概有250英镑。
I withdrew £300 from my account yesterday, but I did a bit of shopping, so I must have already spent about £50 of that.
我昨天从我的账户里取出了300英镑,但我买了点东西,所以我一定花了大约50英镑。
OFFICER: OK.
警官:好的。
LOUISE: At first I thought, oh I must have left the wallet back in the apartment, but then I realised my phone had gone as well.
露易丝:一开始我想,噢,我一定是把钱包忘在公寓里了,但后来我意识到我的手机也不见了。
It was only a week old, and that’s when I realised I’d been robbed. Anyway at least they didn’t take the keys to my rental car.
这手机才买了一周,然后我就意识到自己被抢了。不过至少他们没有拿走我租的车的钥匙。
OFFICER: Yes. So you say the theft occurred yesterday?
警官:好的。你说你是昨天被偷的?
LOUISE: Yes.
路易丝:是的。
OFFICER: So that was September the tenth. And do you have any idea at all of where or when the things might possibly have been stolen?
警官:所以那是九月十日。你知道这些东西可能在哪里或什么时候被偷吗?
LOUISE: Well at first I couldn’t believe it because the bag had been on my back ever since I left the apartment after lunch.
露易丝:一开始我不敢相信,因为自从我午饭后离开公寓,包就一直在我背上。
It’s just a small backpack, but I generally use it when I’m travelling because it seems safer than a handbag. Anyway, I met up with a friend, and we spent a couple of hours in the museum.
这只是一个小背包,但我通常在旅行时用它,因为它看起来比手提包安全。我遇到了一个朋友,我们在博物馆逛了几小时。
But I do remember that as we were leaving there, at about 4 o’clock, a group of young boys ran up to us, and they were really crowding round us, and they were asking us what time it was, then all of a sudden they ran off.
但我记得,当我们离开那里的时候,大约在4点钟,一群年轻的男孩跑过来,他们挤在我们周围,问我们现在是什么时候,接着他们突然就跑了。
OFFICER: Can you remember anything about them?
警官:你还记得关于他们的任何特征吗?
LOUISE: The one who did most of the talking was wearing a T-shirt with a picture of something...let’s see... a tiger.
露易丝:那个说话最多的人穿着一件印着某样东西的T恤……让我想想……一只老虎。
OFFICER: Right. Any idea of how old he might have been?
警官:好。你知道他大概多大了吗?
LOUISE: Around twelve years old?
路易丝:大约12岁?
OFFICER: And can you remember anything else about his appearance?
警官:你还能想起什么他的外貌特征吗?
LOUISE: Not much. He was quite thin...
路易丝:记不太清了。他很瘦……
OFFICER: Colour of hair?
官员:发色呢?
LOUISE: I do remember that - he was blond. All the others were dark-haired.
路易斯:这我还记得,他是金发。其他人都是黑头发。
OFFICER: And any details of the others?
警官:还有关于其他人的细节吗?
LOUISE: Not really. They came and went so quickly.
路易丝:不太记得了。他们来得太快也跑得太快。
OFFICER: Right. So what I’m going to do now is give you a crime reference number so you can contact your insurance company.
警官: 好的。现在我要给你一个犯罪参考号码,这样你就可以联系你的保险公司了。
So this is ten digits: 87954 82361
这是十位号码:87954 82361
LOUISE: Thank you. So should I ...
露易丝:谢谢。那么我应该...
Question 1 - 10
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
CRIME REPORT FORM
Type of crime: theft
Personal information
Example
Name Louise …Taylor…
Nationality
Date of birth 14 December 1977
Occupation interior designer
Reason for visit business (to buy antique )
Length of stay two months
Current address Apartments (No 15)
Details of theft
Items stolen – a wallet containing approximately £
– a
Date of theft
Possible time and place of theft
Location outside the at about 4 pm
Details of suspect – some boys asked for the then ran off
– one had a T-shirt with a picture of a tiger
– he was about 12, slim build with hair
Crime reference number allocated
1. Canadian
2. furniture
3. Park
4. 250|250 sterling
5. phone
6. 10 September,10th September,September 10th,September 10
7. museum
8. time
9. blond|blonde
10. 87954 82361,8795482361