Section2:Collections of a Museum 纠错
查看听力原文 关闭显示原文
显示译文

Part A :

Good morning, and welcome to the museum - one with a remarkable range of exhibits, which I'm sure you'll enjoy.

早上好,欢迎来到博物馆--它是一个有着相当多数量的展品的博物馆,我相信你会喜欢的.

My name's Greg, and I'll tell you about the various collections as we go round.

我的名字是格雷戈,我会在参观的时候告诉你们关于我们的各种收藏品.

But before we go, let me just give you a taste of what we have here.

但在我们出发之前,让我来带你们品味下我们这里有的东西.

Well, for one thing, we have a fine collection of twentieth and twenty-first century paintings, many by very well-known artists.

嗯,首先,我们有优秀的二十世纪和二十一世纪的绘画作品,许多都是由非常著名的艺术家创作的.

I'm sure you'll recognise several of the paintings.

我肯定你会认出一些画.

This is the gallery that attracts the largest number of visitors, so it's best to go in early in the day, before the crowds arrive.

这也是这个画廊可以吸引最多人数游客的原因,所以最好早点过来参观,在大量客流到来之前.

Then there are the nineteenth-century paintings.

接着就是十九世纪的绘画作品.

The museum was opened in the middle of that century,

在那个世纪中叶,博物馆开业了,

and several of the artists each donated one work - to get the museum started, as it were.

那时候的一些艺术家每人捐赠一副作品给博物馆--从而让博物馆开业了,那是那个时候的它.

So they're of special interest to us - we feel closer to them than to other works.

所以他它们对我们有特殊的兴趣--比起其他的作品我们会更亲近它们.

The sculpture gallery has a number of fine exhibits, but I'm afraid it's currently closed for refurbishment.

雕塑馆中有许多精美的展品,但恐怕目前是关闭状态主要为了整修.

You'll need to come back next year to see it properly, but a number of the sculptures have been moved to other parts of the museum.

你需要明年再来参观,但有一批雕塑被移到博物馆的其他地方了.

'Around the world' is a temporary exhibition - you've probably seen something about it on TV or in the newspapers.

“世界各地”是一个临时性的展览,你可能在电视或报纸上看到了一些相关的信息.

It's created a great deal of interest, because it presents objects from every continent and many countries,

它创造了大量的兴趣,因为它展出的对象来自每一个大陆和许多国家,

and provides information about their social context - why they were made, who for, and so on.

并提供了有关它们的社会背景的信息--包括为什么它们被制作出来,为谁而制作等等.

Then there's the collection of coins.

然后就是硬币的收藏.

This is what you might call a focused, specialist collection,

这就是你所说的一个集中的,专门的收藏,

because all the coins come from this country, and were produced between two thousand and a thousand years ago.

因为所有的硬币都来自这个国家,并在两千年前和一千年前这段时间内制造的.

And many of them were discovered by ordinary people digging their gardens, and donated to the museum!

许多硬币都是被普通人在他们的花园中挖掘出来,并捐赠给博物馆.

All our porcelain and glass was left to the museum by its founder, when he died in 1878.

所有我们的瓷器和玻璃都是由它的创始人留下的,在他在1878年去世时.

And in the terms of his will, we're not allowed to add anything to that collection:

在他的遗嘱里,我们不允许再增加任何东西:

he believed it was perfect in itself, and we don't see any reason to disagree!

他认为它本身就是完美的,而我们也看不到任何理由不同意这说法.

Part B :

OK, that was something about the collections, and now here's some more practical information, in case you need it.

好的,这是关于收藏的一些信息,现在这里有一些更实用的信息,以防你们需要.

Most of the museum facilities are downstairs, in the basement, so you go down the stairs here.

大部分的博物馆设施都在楼下,在地下室,所以你们可以在这里下楼.

When you reach the bottom of the stairs, you'll find yourself in a sitting area,

当你到达楼梯的底部,你会发现自己在一个可以坐的区域,

with comfortable chairs and sofas where you can have a rest before continuing your exploration of the museum.

那里有舒适的椅子和沙发,你可以休息下,然后再继续探索博物馆.

We have a very good restaurant, which serves excellent food all day, in a relaxing atmosphere.

我们有一个非常好的餐厅,它整天都提供优质的食物,气氛轻松.要去那里的话,

To reach it, when you get to the bottom of the stairs, go straight ahead to the far side of the sitting area, then turn right into the corridor.

当你到达底部的楼梯后,一直向前走到远侧的坐区,然后右转进入走廊.

You'll see the door of the restaurant facing you.

你会看到餐厅门就面对着你.

If you just want a snack, or if you'd like to eat somewhere with facilities for children, we also have a café.

如果你只是想吃点零食,或者你想带儿童吃点东西,我们也有一个咖啡馆.

When you reach the bottom of the stairs, you'll need to go straight ahead,

当你到达楼梯底部时,你需要一直向前走,

turn right into the corridor, and the café is immediately on the right.

然后向右拐进走廊,咖啡店就在右边.

And talking about children, there are baby-changing facilities downstairs:

说到孩子,楼下也有母婴设备:

cross the sitting area, continue straight ahead along the corridor on the left,

穿过坐区,继续沿着左边走廊向前,

and you and your baby will find the facilities on the left-hand side.

你和你的宝宝会在左手边找到这些设施.

The cloakroom, where you should leave coats, umbrellas and any large bags, is on the left hand side of the sitting area.

衣帽间,那里你们可以放外套,雨伞和任何大袋子,在坐区的左手边.

It's through the last door before you come to the corridor.

它在你进入走廊前穿过的最后一扇门.

There are toilets on every floor, but in the basement they're the first rooms on the left when you get down there.

每一层都有厕所,但在地下室厕所是在你进入以后靠左边的第一间房间.

OK, now if you've got anything to leave in the cloakroom, please do that now, and then we'll start our tour.

好了,现在如果你们需要留点东西在衣帽间,可以开始了,然后我们就要开始我们的旅程了.

Choose the correct heading for paragraphs B-E from the list of headings below.Writethe correct member.

Possible reasons

11 20th- and 21st-century paintings 11

12 19th-century paintings 12

13 Sculptures 13

14 `Around the world` exhibition 14

15 Coins 15

16 Procelain and glass 16

a was given by one person

b was recently publicised in the media

c includes some items given by members of the public

d includes some items given by the artists

e includes the most popular exhibits in the museum

f is the largest of its kind in the country

g has had some of its contents relocated

显示答案 正确答案: 11 e 12 d 13 g 14 b 15 c 16 a

考生贡献解析

点击查看题目解析

暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
保存解析
取消
保存成功!

题目讨论

如果对题目有疑问,欢迎来提出你的问题,热心的小伙伴会帮你解答。

如何高效搞定此篇文章?

Collections of a Museum

马上练习