Section3:Sources of information 纠错
查看听力原文 关闭显示原文
显示译文

Part A :

Hi, Laura could you spare a few minutes to talk about the work placement you did last summer?

嗨,劳拉,你能抽出几分钟时间来谈谈你去年夏天的实习工作吗?

I'm thinking of doing one myself ...

我想自己也做一个…

Hi, Tim.

嗨,提姆。

Sure.

当然可以。

Didn't you do yours at an environmental services company?

你不是在一家环保公司工作的吗?

That's right ...

是的…

It's only a very small company and they needed someone to produce a company brochure, and I wanted to get some business experience because I'm interested in a career in occupational psychology in a business environment.

它是一个非常小的公司,他们需要有人来制作一个公司的小册子,我想获得、一些商业经验,因为我对商业环境中的职业心理学非常感兴趣。

It was good because I had overall responsibility for the project.

这是好的,因为我对项目有整体的责任感。

What kind of skills do you think you developed on the placement?

你觉得你在实习中提高了什么样的技能?

I mean, apart from the ones you already had ...

我的意思是,除了那些你已经拥有的…

Did you have to do all the artwork for the brochure, the layout and everything?

你要为小册子做所有的插图吗,还有布局和一切其他工作?

We hired the services of a professional photographer for that.

我们雇佣了一个专业摄影师做这个工作。

I did have to use my IT skills to a certain extent because I cut and pasted text from marketing leaflets, but that didn't involve anything I hadn't done before.

我不得不在一定程度上使用我的电脑技巧,因为我需要为了营销宣传单剪切和粘贴一些内容,但这都没有涉及到我以前没做过的事。

Do you think you got any better at managing your time and prioritising things?

你认为你在管理你的时间和分辨事务的优先级上有提高吗?

You always used to say you had trouble with that ...

你过去总是说关于这两项内容你比较困扰…

Oh, definitely.

哦,当然。

There was so much pressure to meet the project deadline.

为了满足项目的截止日期肯定会有很大的压力。

And I also got better at explaining things and asserting my opinions, because I had to have weekly consultations with the marketing manager and give him a progress report.

并且,关于解释事情和阐述观点上我也得到了提高,因为我不得不每周咨询营销经理并给他一份进度报告。

It sounds as if you got a lot out of it then.

听起来你好像收获了很多。

Absolutely.

绝对。

It was really worthwhile ...

真的很值得…

But you know, the company benefited too ...

但是你知道,公司也从中受益了…

Yes, they must have done.

是的,他们一定会从中获益。

After all, if they'd used a professional advertising agency to produce their brochure instead of doing it in house, presumably they'd have paid a lot more?

毕竟,如果他们使用了一个专业的广告公司来制作他们的小册子,而不是在内部做,大概他们会花费更多?

Oh, yes.

哦,是的。

I worked it out it would have been 250 per cent more.

我已经算清楚了,大概多提高了250个百分点。

And I thought the end result was good, even though we did everything on site.

我认为最终结果是好的,即使我们在网站上做了所有的事情。

The company has quite a powerful computer and I managed to borrow some scanning software from the university.

这家公司有相当强大的计算机,我设法从大学借了一些扫描软件。

The new brochure looks really professional; it enhances the image of the company straight away.

新的小册子看起来是很专业的;它马上就提高了公司的形象。

So in the long run it should help them to attract clients, and improve their sales figures?

那么,从长远来看,它应该帮助他们吸引客户,提高他们的销售业绩是吗?

That's the idea.Yeah.

我们就是这么打算的。是的。

Part B :

Well, all in all it sounds very positive I think I will go ahead and apply for a placement myself.

好吧,这一切听起来是非常积极的,我想我也会这样做的,申请一个我自己的位置。

How do I go about it?

我应该怎么做呢?

It's easy enough to do, because there's a government agency called STEP S T E P that organises placements for students.

这很容易的,因为有一个政府机构叫STEP-S-T-E-P-组织学生实习的。

You should start by getting their booklet with all the details I expect you can download one from their website.

你首先应该得到他们关于所有细节的小册子-我希望你能从他们的网站上下载一个。

Actually, they've got copies in the psychology department I've seen them there.

实际上,他们在心理部有复本,我在那里看到过他们。

I'll just go to the office and pick one up.

我一会儿就去办公室拿一个。

Right.

好的。

And then if I were you, after I'd looked at it I'd go over all the options with someone ...

然后,如果我是你,在我看了它以后,我就会去和一个人分析一下所有的选择…

I suppose I should ask my tutor's advice.

我想我应该问一下我导师的建议。

He knows more about me than anyone.

他对我的了解比任何人都多。

One of the career officers would be better, they've got more knowledge about the jobs market than your personal tutor would have.

就业指导人员可能会是更好的选择,他们会比你的个人导师更了解工作市场的知识。

OK ...

好的…

And then when you know what you want you can register with STEP you'll find their address in the booklet.

然后当你知道你想要什么了你就可以注册STEP了--你会在小册子里找到他们的地址。

And once you've registered they assign you to a mentor who looks after your application.

一旦你注册了,他们就把你分配给一个会关注你申请的导师。

And then I suppose you just sit back and wait till you hear something?

那么接下来就是坐等消息了吗?

They told me at the careers office that it's best to be proactive, and get updates yourself by checking the website for new placement alerts.

他们告诉我,在就业指导办公室,最好还是具有主动性,经常查看网站上的工作信息来更新自己的信息。

Your mentor is supposed to keep you informed, but you can't rely on that.

你的导师应该让你知道这些信息的更新,但是你不能完全依靠他。

I don't suppose it's a good idea to get in touch with companies directly, is it?

我不认为和公司直接联系是个好主意,是吗?

Not really ...

是的。

But it is the company who notifies you if they want you to go for an interview.

但如果他们要你去面试,公司会通知你的。

You get a letter of invitation or an email from personnel departments.

你有一封来自人事部门的邀请信和邮件。

And do I reply directly to them?

我需要直接回复他们吗?

Yes, you do.

是的,你需要这样做。

STEP only gets involved again once you've been made a job offer.

STEP只有会在你一旦得到了工作机会的时候才会再次介入。

Right ...

好的…

So, once you've had an interview you should let your mentor know what the outcome is?

所以,一旦你有一个面试机会,你应该让你的导师知道结果是什么?

I mean whether you're offered a job, and whether you've decided to accept it?

我的意思不管你是否提供了一份工作.或者是否决定接受它?

That's right.

是的。

They'll inform the careers office once a placement has been agreed, so you don't have to do that.

一旦有了一个位置,他们会通知就业中心如果一个职位被确定了,所以你不必这么做。

Is that all then?

这就是全部吗?

More or less.

或多或少吧。

Only once you've accepted an offer you'll probably have to supply a reference, because the placement will be conditional on that.

只要你接受了一个工作邀请,你可能必须要提供一个参考,因为这个职位将是建立在这个条件之上的。

And that's something you should ask your own tutor to provide.

这也需要你自己的导师来提供。

He knows about your academic ability and also about your qualities, like reliability.

他了解你的学术能力,也了解你的品质,比如可靠性。

Well, thanks very much for the information I'm starting to look forward ...

好的,非常感谢你给我提供的这些信息。现在我已经开始期待…

Question 21 -22

Choose TWO letter,A-E.

21-22 Which TWO skills did Laura improve as a result of her work placement?

acommunication

bdesign

cIT

dmarketing

eorganisation

显示答案 正确答案: A E

Question 23 -24

Choose TWO letter,A-E.

23-24 Which TWO immediate benefits did the company get from Laura's work placement?

aupdates for its software

bcost savings

can improved image

dnew clients

ea growth in sales

显示答案 正确答案: B C

考生贡献解析

点击查看题目解析

暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
保存解析
取消
保存成功!

题目讨论

如果对题目有疑问,欢迎来提出你的问题,热心的小伙伴会帮你解答。

如何高效搞定此篇文章?

Sources of information

马上练习