始终显示原文
小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 71033 同学完成了练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第一段

1 .Hi Jeannie. How's it going?

嗨,珍妮!还好吗?

2 .Oh, hello Dan. Pretty well, thanks. Have you managed to get the money for the course yet?

噢,你好啊,丹。我挺好的,谢谢。 你报课程的钱到位了吗?

3 .Yes, that's all sorted out now, thanks. It took long enough, though.

是的,总算都搞定了,谢谢。就是太费时间了。

4 .It was practically a year ago that I applied to my local council for a grant, and it took them six months to turn me down.

我严格来说在一年前就开始向我们当地的议政厅申请补助金了,然后6个月之后他们才告诉我说不行。

5 .That's really slow.

这真是太慢了。

6 .And I thought I was eligible for government funding, but it seems I was mistaken.

当时我以为自己没有资格申请政府资助,但后来发现不对劲。

7 .So then I asked the boss of the company I used to work for if they would sponsor me, and much to my surprise, he said they'd make a contribution.

然后我就去找我之前公司的老总问问他能不能给我提供一些资助,结果他居然说可以提供一部分帮助。

8 .But what about college grants and scholarships? There must be some you could apply for.

那学校的助学金和奖学金呢?肯定有什么你可以申请的吧。

9 .Yes, there are, but they're all so small that I decided to leave them until I was desperate.

是有啊,但他们都太难申请了,所以我决定不到最后时刻不去申请这些了。

10 .Uhuh.

好吧。

11 .And in fact I didn't need to apply.

其实我也用不着申请。

12 .My parents had been saying that as I already had a job, I ought to support myself through college.

我父母之前跟我说既然我已经有工作了,就应该自己承担大学的费用。

13 .But in the end they took pity on me, so now I've just about got enough.

但结果他们还是心存怜悯决定帮我一把,所以我基本上快凑够钱了。

14 .That's good.

好极了。

15 .So now I can put a bit of effort into meeting people - I haven't had time so far. Any suggestions?

所以接下来我就可以开始有点时间去认识新朋友了。有什么建议吗?

16 .What about joining some college clubs?

你可以加入一些学校的社团。

17 .Oh right. You joined several didn't you?

对呀。你好像加入了好几个社团吧?

18 .Yes, I'm in the drama club. It's our first performance next week, so we're rehearsing frantically, and I've got behind with my work, but it's worth it.

是的,我在戏剧社团。下周是我们的首演,所以最近我们在疯狂的排练;我的功课都落下了一截,不过还是值了。

19 .I'm hoping to be in the spring production, too.

我希望还能在春季舞台剧里面出现呢。

20 .I've never liked acting. Are you doing anything else?

我一直对表演不太感兴趣。你还加入了些其他什么社团吗?

21 .I enjoyed singing when I was at school, so I joined a group when I came to college.

我在中学的时候很喜欢唱歌,所以我进大学的时候就加入了一个歌唱社团。

22 .I don't think the conductor stretches us enough, though so I'll give up after the next concert.

但我觉得这个负责人并不能给我们太多的发展,所以我已经决定在下一次音乐会之后推出了。

23 .And I also joined the debating society. It's fun, but with all the rehearsing I'm doing, something has to go, and I'm afraid that's the one.

然后我还加入了辩论社团。这个挺有意思的,但我现在的排练太耗精力了,我只能先牺牲一下辩论这边了。

24 .Do you do any sports?

你参加什么体育活动吗?

25 .Yes, I'm in one of the hockey teams. I'm not very good, but I'd really miss it if I stopped.

有啊,我加入了学校的冰球队。我打得不好,如果我停止训练肯定会被踢出去的。

26 .I decided to try tennis when I came to college, and I'm finding it pretty tough going. I'm simply not fit enough.

刚来大学的时候我笨打算试试练网球,后来发现太难了。我身体条件不够好。

27 .Nor me. I think I'll give that a miss!

我也是。那个也不适合我。

28 .I'm hoping it'll help me to build up my stamina, but it'll probably be a long haul.

我希望这能锻炼我的耐力,不过这估计还早着呢。

29 .Good luck.

那就祝你好运吧。

30 .Thanks.

谢谢。

31 .How are you finding the course?

你觉得这课程怎么样?

32 .I wish we had more seminars.

要是研讨会多一些就好了。

33 .What? I'd have thought we had more than enough already.

不是吧?我觉得已经够多了。

34 .All those people saying clever things that I could never think of- it's quite interesting, but I wonder if I'm clever enough to be doing this course.

听一些牛人聊一些我死都想不出来的东西是挺有意思,不过我觉得我自己太笨了,不知道自己能不能完成这个课程啊。

35 .I find it helpful to listen to the other people.

我觉得多听听别人的想法很有帮助。

36 .I like the way we're exploring the subject, and working towards getting insight into it.

我喜欢这种一起探究课题,逐渐形成自己的理解的方式。

37 .How do you get on with your tutor? I don't think I'm on the same wavelength as mine, so I feel I'm not getting anything out of the tutorials.

你和辅导员相处得还好吗?我和我的辅导员就不在一个频道上,我觉得从辅导课上学不到什么。

38 .It would be more productive to read a book instead.

还不如自己看书呢。

39 .Oh, mine's very demanding. She gives me lots of feedback and advice, so I've got much better at writing essays.

好吧。我的辅导员要求很严格。她给了我很多反馈和建议,所以我的论文写作比以前好多了。

40 .And she's helping me plan my revision for the end-of-year exams.

她还帮我做年末考试的复习规划呢。

41 .Do tell me, I always struggle with revision.

快跟我说说吧,我总是不知道怎么复习。

第二段

1 .Well, the first thing is to find out exactly what's required in the exams.

好吧,首先要做的就是明白考试到底要考察什么内容。

2 .Mm. Would it help to get hold of some past papers?

嗯。研究往年的考题有用吗?

3 .Yes. They'll help to make it clear.

是的。看完你会很清楚考试范围。

4 .Right, I'll do that. Then what?

好的,我去找找。然后呢?

5 .Then you can sort out your revision priorities, based on what's most likely to come up.

然后你就可以根据具体内容考察的可能性对要复习的内容按优先级进行排序。

6 .I put these on a card, and read them through regularly.

我把这些记在一张卡上,时不时的看看。

7 .Uhuh.

噢……

8 .But that isn't enough in itself. You also need a timetable, to see how you can fit everything in, in the time available.

但光做这些还不够。你还需要制定一个时间表,把所有任务分配到你的时间里去。

9 .Then keep it in front of you while you're studying.

然后在你学习的时候一直放在你面前提醒自己。

10 .I've done that before, but it hasn't helped me!

这个我试过,但帮助不大。

11 .Maybe you need to do something different every day, so if you break down your revision into small tasks, and allocate them to specific days, there's more incentive to tackle them.

你可以试试每天做些不一样的事情。这样的话你可以把你的复习计划打碎成一个个小任务,分配到特定的时间,这样的话完成起来会更有动力一些。

12 .With big topics you're more likely to put off starting.

如果任务太重你很可能会拖延。

13 .Good idea.

这主意不错。

14 .And as I revise each topic I write a single paragraph about it - then later can read it through quickly, and it helps fix things in my mind.

而且每当我复习完一个话题我就会写一小段摘要,这样后面我就可以快速的扫读,这样记得更牢。

15 .That's brilliant.

这太赞了。

16 .I also write answers to questions for the exam practice. It's hard to make myself do it, though!

另外我还会写模考的答案,尽管有时候我得逼自己去做。

17 .Well, I'll try. Thanks a lot, Jeannie. That's a great help.

好的,我会试试的。太感谢你了,珍妮。我十分受教。

18 .No problem.

不客气。

19 .See you around.

回见。

20 .Bye.

再见。