原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第一段
1 .Good morning. Can I help you?
早上好,能帮到您吗?
2 .Yes. I’ve just been accepted on a course at the university and I’d like to try and arrange accommodation in the hall of residence.
是的,我刚被大学的一个课程录取了,我想试着在学校宿舍预订住宿。
3 .Yes, certainly. Please sit down. What I’ll do is fill in a form with you to find out a little more about your preferences and so forth.
是的,没问题。请坐下。我会和你一起填写一个表格来了解更多你的喜好和一些相关。
4 .Thank you.
谢谢你!
5 .So first of all, can I take your name?
首先,请问您的名字?
6 .It’s Anu Bhatt.
名字是阿努.
7 .Could you spell your name please?
可否请您拼写您的名字?
8 .Yes. A-N-U…B-H-A double T.
好的,A-N-U… B-H-A-两个T。
9 .Thanks, and could I ask your date of birth?
谢谢,可以问您的生日吗?
10 .31st March 1972.
1972年3月31日。
11 .Thank you. And where are you from?
谢谢。您哪里人?
12 .India.
印度。
13 .Oh right. And what will you be studying?
啊,好的。那您将学习什么?
14 .I’m doing a course in nursing.
我会学护理课程。
15 .Right, thank you. And how long would you want to stay in hall, do you think?
好的,谢谢。您认为,您想要在学校住宿多久?
16 .Well, it’ll take three years but I’d only like to stay in hall for two.
嗯 ,课程是3年,但我只想在学校住2年。
17 .I’d like to think about living outside for the third year.
我想三年级的时候住外边。
18 .Fine. And what did you have in mind for catering?
好的。你对饮食有什么想法?
19 .Do you want to cook for yourself or have all your meals provided, that’s full board?
你想自己做饭,或有提供所有的膳食,这是全食宿?
20 .Is there something in between?
有两者之间的吗?
21 .Yes. You can just have evening meal provided, which is half board.
是的。你可以只要提供晚餐,这是半食宿。
22 .That’s what I’d prefer.
这是我更倾向的。
23 .Yes a lot of students opt for that. Now, with that in mind, do you have any special diet, anything we should know about?
是的,很多学生选择这个。现在,搞明白这个了,你有什么特殊饮食吗,任何我们需要知道的?
24 .Yes, I don’t take red meat.
是的,我不吃红肉。
25 .No red meat.
不吃红肉。
第二段
1 .Now, thinking about the room itself, we have a number of options.
现在,想想房间本身,我们有不少选择。
2 .You can have a single study bedroom or you can have a shared one.
你可以有一个单独的卧室,或者可以共用。
3 .These are both what we call simple rooms.
这些都是我们说的简单房。
4 .The other alternative is to opt for a single bedsit which actually has more space and better facilities.
另一种选择是个人公寓,会有更多的空间和更好的设施。
5 .There’s about 20 a week difference between them.
这之间有大约一周20镑的差异。
6 .Well, actually my grant is quite generous and I think the bedsit sounds the best option.
嗯,其实我的助学金还挺丰厚的,我觉得公寓听着更好些。
7 .Lovely. I’ll put you down for that and we’ll see what availability is like.
好的。我把你记在这里,看看有没有房间。
8 .Now can I ask some other personal details which we like to have on record?
现在我能否再问些其它我们记录需要的信息。
9 .Yes, of course.
是的,当然。
10 .I wonder if you could let us know what your interests are.
我想知道你能否告知你的兴趣爱好。
11 .This might help us get a closer match for placing you in a particular hall.
这样可以帮助我们帮你选择更适合的某个宿舍。
12 .Ummm. Well, I love the theatre.
呃。好的,我喜欢戏剧。
13 .Right.
好的。
14 .And I enjoy sports, particularly badmintion.
并且我也喜欢运动,特别是羽毛球。
15 .That’s worth knowing.
值得了解。
16 .Now, what we finish with on the form is really a list from you of what your priorities are in choosing a hall and we’ll do our best to take these into account.
现在,我们最后需要你列个单子,你选择宿舍的优先级,我们会尽力考虑这些。
17 .Well, the first thing is I’d prefer a hall where there are other mature students. If possible.
好的,第一件事是我想要住在有其他成熟学生的宿舍,可能的话。
18 .Yes, we do have halls which tend to cater for slightly older students.
是的,我们的确有宿舍是倾向年纪较大的学生。
19 .Ummm and I’d prefer to be out of town.
嗯,我还想要在城外。
20 .That’s actually very good for you because we tend to have more vacancies in out-of-town halls.
这对你其实挺好的,因为在城外宿舍里,我们有更多的空房。
21 .Lucky!
运气不错!
22 .Yes. Anything else?
是的,还有别的吗?
23 .Well, I would like somewhere with a shared area. A TV room for example, or something like that. It’s a good way to socialise.
我期待一个有分享空间的地方。比如说一个电视房,或像这类的。这谁社交的好办法。
24 .It certainly is.
它肯定是。
25 .That’s it.
那就这些了。
26 .Now, we just need a contact telephone number for you.
现在,我们仅需要一个你的电话号码了。
27 .Sure, I’ll just find it. It’s double 67549.
当然,我这就找。是两个6-7-5-4-9。
28 .Great, so we’ll be in contact with you as soon as possible…
太棒了,我们会尽快与你联络。