原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第一段
1 .Good morning, how can I help you?
早晨好,我要怎样帮你?
2 .Good morning. Umm, I understand you help fix up students with host families.
早上好。嗯,我知道你帮助学生解决寄宿家庭的问题。
3 .That's right...are you interested in...?
是的,你对这个感兴趣……?
4 .Yes...
是的……
5 .Well please sit down and I'll just take a few details.
好的,请坐,我只需要一些细节。
6 .Thank you.
谢谢。
7 .Right now.., what name is it?
现在…… 你的名字?
8 .Jenny Chan.
詹妮 陈。
9 .Can you spell that please?
你能拼一下吗?
10 .Yes... J-E-N-N-Y C-H-A-N.
好的……J-E-N-N-Y C-H-A-N。
11 .Right... and what is your present address?
好的…… 你现在的住址是什么?
12 .Sea View Guest House, 14 Hill Road.
海景民宿,小山路14号。
13 .OK, and do you know the phone number there?
好的,你知道那里的电话吗?
14 .Yes... I have it here, ummm... 2237676, but I'm only there after about 7 pm.
是的,我这里有。嗯…… 2237676,但是我只有晚上7点以后才在那里。
15 .So when would be the best time to catch you?
那联系你的最佳时间是什么时候?
16 .I suppose between 9 and let me see. half-past, before I leave for the college.
我想是在9.00和9.30之间,在我去学校之前。
17 .Great... and can I ask you your age?
好的。我能问一下你的年龄吗?
18 .I've just had my nineteenth birthday.
我刚过完我第19个生日。
19 .And how long would you want to stay with the host family?
你想在寄宿家庭住多久?
20 .I'm planning on staying a year but at the moment I'm definitely here for four months only. I have to get an extension to my permit.
我计划待一年,但是现在我只肯定能在这里住4个月,我要去延期我的居留许可。
21 .You're working on it? Fine... and what will be your occupation while you're in the UK?
你正在努力吗?好的…… 你在英国的工作会是什么?
22 .Studying English?
学英语?
23 .And what would you say your level of English is?
那你怎样描述你的英语水平呢?
24 .Umm. Good, I think I'd like to say 'advanced' but my written work is below the level of my spoken, so I suppose it's intermediate.
嗯,挺好的。我想说"高级",但是我的写作水平低于我的口语,所以我猜是中级。
25 .Certainly your spoken English is advanced. Anyway, which area do you think you would prefer?
你的口语当然是高级的。不管怎样,你认为你想住在哪个地区?
26 .Ummm, well I'm studying right in the centre but I'd really like to live in the north-west.
嗯,我在城中心学习,但是我真的很想住在西北边。
27 .That shouldn't be a great problem...we usually have lots of families up there.
这不应该是大问题…… 我们经常有很多家庭在那边。
第二段
1 .And do you have any particular requirements for diet?
你对饮食有什么要求吗?
2 .Well, I'm nearly a vegetarian ... not quite.
我基本是个素食主义者,但也不全是。
3 .Shall I say you are? It's probably easier that way.
我能就说你是吗?这样可能更方便些。
4 .That would be best.
那就最好了。
5 .Anything about your actual room?
对你的房间有什么要求吗?
6 .I would prefer my own facilities-en suite', is that right?
我想要我自己的设施--"套间",对吗?
7 .And also if it's possible a TV and I'd also like the house to have a real garden rather than just a yard, somewhere I could sit and be peaceful.
还有,如果有可能,最好有电视,我还想要个花园,而不是个院子,一个我能坐下来静心的地方。
8 .Is that all?
就这些吗?
9 .Well... I'm really serious about improving my English so I'd prefer to be the only guest if that's possible?
那…… 我对于提高自己的英语很认真,所以如果可能的话,我想成为唯一的客人?
10 .No other guests...Yes, you get more practice that way.
没有其他的客人…… 是的,这样你能练得更多。
11 .Anyway, obviously all this is partly dependent on how much you're willing to pay. What did you have in mind?
无论如何,很显然,这都部分依赖于你想付多少钱。你大概的想法是什么?
12 .I was thinking in terms of about £60-£80 a week, but I'd go up to a hundred if it was something special.
我在考虑大概60-80镑一周,但是如果有什么特别的,最高我可以付100。
13 .Well I don't think we'd have any problems finding something for you.
那我觉得帮你找到适合你的房子应该没什么问题。
14 .Oh, good.
哦太好了。
15 .And when would you want it for?
你想什么时候入住?
16 .I'd like to move in approximately two weeks.
我想大约在两周后搬进去。
17 .Let me see, it's the 10th today...so if we go for the Monday it's the 23rd March.
让我看看,今天是10号,所以如果我们定在周一,是3月23日。
18 .Yes.
好的。
19 .Right... good, and if I could ask one last question...
好的,很好。我能再问最后一个问题……