始终显示原文
小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 71033 同学完成了练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第一段

1 .We've got to choose a topic for our experiment, haven't we, Jack?

我们需要为我们的实验选一个主题,是吧,Jack?

2 .Were you thinking of something to do with seeds?

你之前不是在想一些与种子有关的实验吗?

第二段

1 .That’s right.

是的。

2 .I thought we could look at seed germination

我觉得我们可以考虑一下种子萌芽

3 .- how a seed begins to grow.

--种子是如何开始生长的。

第三段

1 .OK. Any particular reason?

好的。有什么特殊的原因吗?

2 .I know you're hoping to work in plant science eventually...

我知道你想要今后从事植物科学方面的研究...

第四段

1 .Yeah, but practically everything we do is going to feed into that.

是的,但是实际上,我们所做的都将不断为那些做准备。

2 .No, there's an optional module on seed structure and function in the third year that l might do,

不,第三年有一门关于种子结构和功能选修课,我可能会选这门课,

3 .so I thought it might be useful for that.

所以我觉得它可能会有用。

4 .If l choose that option, I don't have to do a dissertation module.

如果我选择了那门课的话,我就不用再做学位论文了。

第五段

1 .Good idea.

好主意。

第六段

1 .Well, l thought for this experiment we could look at the relationship between seed size and the way the seeds are planted.

好的,我觉得就这个实验而言,我们可以试一下种子大小和种植方式之间的关系。

2 .So, we could plant different sized seeds in different ways, and see which grow best.

所以,我们可以用不同的方式种植不同大小的种子,然后看看哪种长得最好。

第七段

1 .OK. We'd need to allow time for the seeds to come up.

好的。我们需要预留时间让种子生长。

第八段

1 .That should be fine if we start now.

如果我们现在开始的话,应该是可以的。

2 .A lot of the other possible experiments need quite a bit longer.

其他可以做的实验可能需要花稍微多一点的时间。

第九段

1 .So that'd make it a good one to choose.

所以选那个主题的话,可能会比较好。

2 .And I don't suppose it'd need much equipment;

我不觉得这个实验需要很多仪器;

3 .we're not doing chemical analysis or anything.

我们并不是在做化学分析之类的事情。

4 .Though that's not really an issue, we've got plenty of equipment in the laboratory.

虽然这并不是什么问题,但我们实验室里有很多设备。

第十段

1 .Yeah. We need to have a word with the tutor if we're going to go ahead with it though.

是的。如果我们想继续的话,我们需要和导师谈谈。

2 .I'm sure our aim's OK.

我很确定我们的目标是很不错的。

3 .It's not very ambitious

它并不是一个十分有野心的课题

4 .but the assignment's only ten percent of our final mark, isn't it?

但是这个作业只在我们的最终成绩中占十分之一,是吧?

5 .But we need to be sure we're the only ones doing it.

但是我们要确保只有我们在做这个。

第十一段

1 .Yeah, it's only five percent actually,

对,其实只占百分之五,

2 .but it'd be a bit boring if everyone was doing it.

但是如果其他每个人也做这个的话,那就有点无聊了。

第十二段

1 .Did you read that book on seed germination on our reading list?

你读过我们书单里面的关于种子萌芽的那本书吗?

第十三段

1 .The one by Graves?

Graves写的那本吗?

2 .I looked through it for my last experiment,

上次实验的时候我大概浏览了一下,

3 .though it wasn't all that relevant there.

尽管和实验不是特别相关。

4 .It would be for this experiment, though.

但是和这个实验是有关系的。

5 .I found it quite hard to follow - lots about the theory, which I hadn't expected.

我觉得这本书有一些难以理解--没想到会有很多关于理论的内容。

第十四段

1 .Yes, I'd been hoping for something more practical.

是的,我其实更期待一些更加实用的东西。

2 .It does include references to the recent findings on genetically-modified seeds, though.

但这本书的确涵盖了最近关于基因改良种子研究的发现。

第十五段

1 .Yes, that was interesting.

是,那还挺有趣的。

第十六段

1 .I read an article about seed germination by Lee Hall.

我读了一篇Lee Hall写的关于种子萌芽的文章。

第十七段

1 .About seeds that lie in the ground for ages and only germinate after a fire?

是关于在地下藏了很多年,但是大火之后重新发芽的种子的文章吗?

第十八段

1 .That's the one.

对的,就是那一篇。

2 .I knew a bit about it already, but not about this research.

我知道一些相关的东西,但是对这个研究了解不多。

3 .His analysis of figures comparing the times of the fires and the proportion of seeds that germinated was done in a lot of detail - very impressive.

他比较大火时间和种子发芽比例的数据分析做的非常详细--令人印象深刻。

第一十九段

1 .Was that the article with the illustrations of early stages of plant development?

是里面有植物发展早期的图表的那篇吗?

2 .They were very clear.

图解非常清晰明了。

第二十段

1 .I think those diagrams were in another article.

我觉得那些图表应该是在另一篇文章里的。

第一段

1 .Anyway, shall we have a look at the procedure for our experiment?

不管怎样,我们看一下实验的程序好吗?

2 .We'll need to get going with it quite soon.

我们需要尽快开始。

第二段

1 .Right.

好的。

2 .So the first thing we have to do is find our seeds.

所以我们要做的第一件事就是找到我们的种子。

3 .I think vegetable seeds would be best.

我认为蔬菜种子是最好的。

4 .And obviously they mustn't all be the same size.

当然了,它们的大小应该不一样。

5 .So. how many sorts do we need?

所以,我们需要多少种呢?

6 .About four different ones?

大概四种不同的吗?

第三段

1 .I think that would be enough.

我觉得那就够了。

2 .There'll be quite a large number of seeds for each one.

每类种子的数量都很大。

第四段

1 .Then, for each seed we need to find out how much it weighs,

然后,我们需要弄清楚每个种子多重,

2 .and also measure its dimensions,

并测量它的尺寸,

3 .and we need to keep a careful record of all that.

我们需要仔细记录所有这些。

第五段

1 .That'll be quite time-consuming.

那太费时间了。

2 .And we also need to decide how deep we're going to plant the seeds

我们还需要决定我们要在多深的地方播种

3 .- right on the surface, a few millimetres down, or several centimetres.

——就在地面上,几毫米以下,或几厘米以下。

第六段

1 .OK. So then we get planting.

好的。那么我们开始种植。

2 .Do you think we can plant several seeds together in the same plant pot?

你觉得我们能在一个花盆里种很多种子吗?

第七段

1 .No. I think we need a different one for each seed.

不。我觉得每一种种子需要一个不同的培养盆。

第八段

1 .Right. And well need to label them

是的。我们需要给它们贴好标签

2 .- we can use different coloured labels.

——我们可以使用不同颜色的标签。

3 .Then we wait for the seeds to germinate -

然后我们等待种子发芽——

4 .I reckon that'll be about three weeks,

我估计大概要三个星期,

5 .depending on what the weather's like.

这要看天气如何。

6 .Then we see if our plants have come up,

然后我们看看我们的植物是否长出来了,

7 .and write down how tall they've grown.

然后写下它们长得有多高。

第九段

1 .Then all we have to do is look at our numbers,

然后我们要做的就是看这些数字,

2 .and see if there's any relation between them.

看看它们之间是否有关系。

第十段

1 .That's right So ...

对的,所以。。。