原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第一段
1 .Good afternoon.
下午好,
2 .Can I help you?
我有什么能够帮你的?
第二段
1 .Good afternoon.
下午好,
2 .Yes, I've just transferred to the School of Education, and I'd like information about joining the library.
我刚刚转到教育学院,我想了解一下这里的图书馆方面的信息。
第三段
1 .Well, the School of Education has libraries on two sites, as I'm sure you know.
好的,教育学院的图书馆在两边的校区都有,我想你应该知道的。
2 .This one here is the Fordham Site, and the other is on Castle Road.
这边这个叫做福特汉姆图书馆,另外那个叫做城堡路图书馆。
第四段
1 .And is there any difference between the two libraries?
这两个图书馆都有哪些区别呢?
第五段
1 .Not in terms of their facilities.
设施方面没什么区别的,
2 .Access to online databases and the Internet is available at both sites and each site has a range of reference materials on education.
两边图书馆都可以使用在线的数据库而且都有网络,两个图书馆也都有教育学方面的参考文献资料。
第六段
1 .Oh yes.
好的,
2 .I see.
我了解了。
第七段
1 .But the Castle Road site has books on the sociology of education and a collection of textbooks and teaching resources covering most of the subjects taught in secondary schools.
不过城堡路那边有教育社会学书籍以及一系列的课本和教学资源,涵盖了中学大部分学科。
第八段
1 .Ah, right, but I'm training to be a primary teacher so I need to look at materials for the five to eleven age group.
噢,好的,不过我在这接受培训是要做一个小学老师,所以我需要翻阅从5岁到11岁这个年龄组别的相关资料。
第九段
1 .Then you've come to the right place.
那你算是来对地方了,
2 .At Fordham we hold material relating to primary education, as well as special needs, but of course you'll need to familiarize yourself with both sites to make the most of our resources.
在福特汉姆图书馆我们拥有小学教育的相关资料,也有特殊需求学生的相关教学资料,不过你当然还是要熟悉这两边的图书馆好让你更充分的使用我们的资源。
第十段
1 .You haven't mentioned periodicals.
您还没有提及期刊方面的事,
2 .Are they held at both sites?
两边图书馆都有吗?
第十一段
1 .Current issues, yes but if you want to look at back issues you'll need to use the CD - ROM databases which are held here at Fordham.
现期刊物两个图书馆都有,不过你如果需要翻阅往期刊物的话你就得使用福特汉姆这里的CD光盘数据库了。
第十二段
1 .I see.
好的,
2 .Now, about borrowing books, I'm living out of town, so I'm hoping I can borrow quite a few items, and cut down on the number of trips I have to make.
然后关于借阅书籍的事,我住在城外,所以我希望一次能够多借几本书,减少我来回借书的次数。
第十三段
1 .Right, well, members can borrow two books at a time from each site.
好的,会员在每个图书馆每次可以借两本书。
第十四段
1 .Only two books?
只能借两本书?
第十五段
1 .Only two from each site, but that's four altogether.
每个图书馆只能借两本,不过加起来是四本书。
第十六段
1 .Oh I see, and how long can I hang on to them for?
噢,好的,然后我能借多长时间呢?
第十七段
1 .The borrowing period is one month, but of course books can be renewed.
借阅期是一个月时间,不过书还可以续借,
2 .You can renew any item a maximum of three times.
你可以续借任何书籍最多三次。
第十八段
1 .Do I have to come to the library to do that?
我需要来图书馆进行续借吗?
第一十九段
1 .No, you can do it by telephone or email, but you can't renew overdue books this way, only before or on the due date stamped in the book.
不用,你可以打电话或者发邮件续借书籍,不过已经逾期的书籍就不能这样续借了,必须是书籍到期之前或者书上印着的到期日当天进行续借。
2 .We'll need your full name, your borrower number and the name of the site library you borrowed the items from.
我们需要你的全名,还有你的会员号码,以及你是从哪个图书馆借的书。
第二十段
1 .So theoretically I can borrow books for up to three months is that what you're saying?
所以理论上这些书我可以借上三个月的时间,您是这意思吧?
第二十一段
1 .Yes, provided they're not recalled.
是的,前提是这些书没有被召回。
第二十二段
1 .So, what happens then?
那样的话会怎样呢?
第二十三段
1 .Well, sometimes an item is requested by another borrower, in which case we'd send you a letter, and you'd have to return the book within seven working days.
是这样的,有时候还有别的会员也想借这本书,这种情况下我们会给你发一封信,然后你得在7个工作日之内把书还回来,
2 .Don't forget we're closed on Sundays.
另外不要忘记我们周日是不开门的。
第二十四段
1 .OK.
好的。
第一段
1 .I expect it'll take me a while to find what I need.
我估计这得花一些时间来找到我需要的书,
2 .There's such a lot here.
这有太多书了。
第二段
1 .Yes there is, but if you need help getting started, this term we're running three study skills workshops.
是的,确实书很多,不过如果你开始时需要协助的话,这学期我们开展了三种学习技能培训课。
2 .Oh?
是吗,
3 .What are they on?
那些课程都是关于什么的呢?
第三段
1 .Er, let me see.
嗯,我看看啊,
2 .The first one's on resources yes, here it is.
第一个培训是关于资料方面的,在这里,
3 .How to use the library's resources.
如何使用图书馆资源,
第四段
1 .That includes everything, not just the print and technical resources.
包括所有的内容,不只是打印或者科技方面的资源。
2 .That sounds useful.
听上去很有用,
3 .Is there anything on using the Internet?
有没有关于互联网使用方面的内容呢?
第五段
1 .Er, let's see.
我看看,
2 .The one on the Internet for beginners was last term.
上学期有一个培训是给互联网初学者的,
3 .This term it's finding research materials online.
这学期是如何在线搜索研究需要的资料。
第六段
1 .That sounds interesting too, hm, what's the last one?
听上去也挺有趣的,那最后一个呢?
第七段
1 .It's a workshop on dissertations.
最后一个是毕业论文培训。
第八段
1 .What do you mean - how to write one?
你的意思是如何写毕业论文吗?
第九段
1 .Er, no it's more to do with academic writing conventions, you know - writing a bibliography and how to refer to sources in your text.
嗯不是的,更多的是侧重于学术写作的规范,比如编写一个参考文献清单以及如何在你的论文中提及到参考文献资料,这些方面的内容。
第十段
1 .That sort of thing.
总的来说,
2 .Anyway, here's a leaflet with information about all three.
这有一个宣传单上面有这三种培训所有的信息。
3 .Thanks a lot.
非常感谢,
4 .That'll be very useful.
这些非常有用。
第十一段
1 .You're welcome.
不客气。