始终显示原文
小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 71033 同学完成了练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第一段

1 .Good evening everyone.

大家晚上好。

2 .My name's Phil Sutton, and I'm chairman of the Highways Committee.

我是Phil Sutton,公路委员会的主席。

3 .We've called this meeting to inform members of the public about the new regulations for traffic and parking we're proposing for Granford.

我们召开这次会议是为了让公众了解,我们为格兰福德提议的交通和停车新规定。

4 .I'll start by summarising these changes before we open the meeting to questions.

在开始提问环节之前,我会首先总结一下这些改变。

第二段

1 .So, why do we need to make these changes to traffic systems in Granford?

所以,为什么我们需要对Granford的交通系统做出这些改变呢?

2 .Well, we're very aware that traffic is becoming an increasing problem.

好的,我们非常清楚交通状况正在变成一个日益严重的问题。

3 .It's been especially noticeable with the increase in heavy traffic while they've been building the new hospital.

当他们在建造新医院的时候,交通拥挤的情况特别明显。

4 .But it's the overall rise in the volume of traffic of all kinds that's concerning us.

但是令我们担忧的是各种交通运输量的总体上升。

5 .To date there's not been any increase in traffic accidents,

到目前为止,交通事故没有任何增长,

6 .but that's not something we want to see happen, obviously.

但这显然不是我们想看到的。

第三段

1 .We recently carried out a survey of local residents,

我们最近对当地居民进行了一次调查,

2 .and their responses were interesting.

他们的回答很有趣。

3 .People were very concerned about the lack of visibility on some roads due to cars parked along the sides of the roads.

由于汽车停在路边,人们非常担心一些道路上能见度低。

4 .We'd expected complaints about the congestion near the school

我们原以为会有人抱怨学校附近的交通拥挤

5 .when parents are dropping off their children or picking them up,

当家长接送孩子上学的时候,

6 .but this wasn't top of the list,

但这不是最重要的,

7 .and nor were noise and fumes from trucks and lorries,

而且也不是来自卡车和卡车的噪音和烟雾问题,

8 .though they were mentioned by some people.

尽管有人提到这些问题。

第四段

1 .We think these new traffic regulations would make a lot of difference.

我们觉得这些新的交通规章制度会带来很大的影响。

2 .But we still have a long way to go.

但我们仍然有很长的路要走。

3 .We've managed to keep our proposals within budget, just,

我们设法把我们的提案控制在预算之内,

4 .so they can be covered by the Council.

这样议会就可以支付花费了。

5 .But, of course, it's no good introducing new reauiations if we don't have a way of making sure that everyone obeys them,

但是当然,如果我们不能确保所有人都遵守规定的话,那么引入新的规定也没有什么好处。

6 .and that's an area we're still working on with the help of representatives from the police force.

在警方代表的帮助下,我们仍在努力解决这一问题。

第一段

1 .OK, so this slide shows a map of the central area of Granford,

好的,这张幻灯片展示了Granford地区的中心区域地图,

2 .with the High Street in the middle and School Road on the right.

中间是商业街,右边是学校路。

3 .Now, we already have a set of traffic lights in the High Street at the junction with Station Road,

现在,在商业街和车站路的交叉口已经有交通信号灯了,

4 .but we're planning to have another set at the other end, at the School Road junction,

但是我们打算在学校路的交叉口另一边也设置一组信号灯,

5 .to regulate the flow of traffic along the High Street.

来管制商业街沿线的交通。

第二段

1 .We've decided we definitely need a pedestrian crossing.

我们决定必须要有一个人行道十字路口。

2 .We considered putting this on School Road, just outside the school,

我们考虑把它放在学校路,就在学校外面,

3 .but in the end we decided that could lead to a lot of traffic congestion,

但是后来我们觉得这可能会带来很多交通拥堵问题,

4 .so we decided to locate it on the High Street, crossing the road in front of the supermarket.

所以我们决定把它设置在商业街,穿过超市前面的马路。

5 .That's a very busy area, so it should help things there.

那个区域非常繁忙,所以它应该会有所帮助。

第三段

1 .We're proposing some changes to parking.

在停车方面,我们也有提议一些改变。

2 .At present, parking isn't allowed on the High Street outside the library,

目前,图书馆外的商业街区域不允许停车,

3 .but we're going to change that,

但是我们打算改变这种状况,

4 .and allow parking there,

允许在这个地方停车,

5 .but not at the other end of the High Street near School Road.

但是另一端的靠近学校路的商业街区域不允许停车。

第四段

1 .There'll be a new 'No Parking' sign on School Road,

学校路会有一个新的"禁止停车"的标志,

2 .just by the entrance to the school, forbidding parking for 25 metres.

就在学校门口,禁止在学校门口25米区域内停车。

3 .This should improve visibility for drivers and pedestrians,

这将提高司机和行人的能见度,

4 .especially on the bend just to the north of the school.

尤其是在学校北边的拐弯处。

第五段

1 .As far as disabled drivers are concerned,

就残疾人司机而言,

2 .at present they have parking outside the supermarket,

目前他们在超市外面有自己的停车区,

3 .but lorries also use those spaces,

但是货车也在使用这些地方,

4 .so we've got two new disabled parking spaces on the side road up towards the bank.

所以我们在通往银行的辅路上设置了两个新的残疾人停车区。

5 .It's not ideal, but probably better than the present arrangement.

这并不是最理想的解决方式,但是可能比目前的安排要好。

第六段

1 .We also plan to widen the pavement on School Road.

我们也计划拓宽学校路的人行道。

2 .We think we can manage to get an extra half-metre on the bend iust before you get to the school, on the same side of the road.

我们觉得可以将进入学校前的那个弯道扩宽半米,就在路的同一边。

第七段

1 .Finally, we've introduced new restrictions on loading and unloading for the supermarket,

最后,我们也会推行新的超市装卸货规定,

2 .so lorries will only be allowed to stop there before 8 am.

所以,货车只能早晨八点之前停在那里。

3 .That's the supermarket on School Road

那是学校路上的超市

4 .-we kept to the existing arrangements with the High Street supermarket.

我们会保持和商业街上的超市相同的安排。

第八段

1 .OK. So that’s about it. Now, would anyone …

好的。就这些了。现在,有没有人可以。。。