Section2:Bicentennial Park 纠错
查看听力原文 关闭显示原文
显示译文

Part A :

Welcome to all of you...can everybody see and hear me?

欢迎你们所有人…每个人都能听到我吗?

...Good...I'm Sally, your guide for this tour of the Bicentennial Park...

……好…我是莎莉,我会引导游览百年纪念公园…

I hope that you're all wearing your most comfortable shoes and that you can keep up the pace.

我希望你穿上你最舒服的鞋子,这样你才能跟上步伐。

So let's get under way on our tour around this wonderful park.

现在让我们以我们的方式,来参观这个很迷人的公园。

I'll start today with some general background information.

我将先开始介绍一些背景资料。

There used to be a lot of factories in this area until the 1960s.

直到上世纪60年代,过去这附近有许多工厂。

Creating the park required the demolition of lots of derelict buildings on the site, so most of the exciting park space all around you was originally warehouses and storehouses.

创建这个公园需要将很多废弃的建筑拆除,所以大多数都围绕着你的令人兴奋的公园空间原本是仓库和工厂。

The idea of building a public park here was first discussed when a property developer proposed a high-rise housing development, but the local community wasn't happy.

最初提出在这里建一个公共公园的想法是当一个房地产开发商提出了一个高层住宅的建造,但当地社区却不高兴。

If the land was to be cleaned up, they wanted to use the site for recreation.

如果土地被清理干净,他们想用这个区域来进行娱乐。

Residents wanted open space for outdoor activities, rather than housing or even an indoor sports complex.

居民想要户外活动的开放空间,而不是住房,甚至不想要复杂的室内运动。

Now to the Bicentennial Park itself.

现在的周年纪念公园。

It has two areas, a nature reserve and a formal park with man-made features and gardens.

它有2个区域,一个自然保护区和一个带有人造功能和花园的正式公园。

The tall blue-and-white building in front of us is called The Tower and is the centre point for the formal gardens.

我们前面的高大的蓝色和白色的建筑物被称为塔,是正式花园的中心点。

It stands twelve metres high, so follow me up the stairs to where we can take advantage of the fantastic views.

它高十二米,大家跟着我上楼梯,我们可以利用它看到这美妙的景色。

Part B :

Well, here we are at the top of The Tower, and we're going to look at the view from each direction.

好了,现在我们是在塔的顶部,我们将从每个方向看风景。

Out to the east, the large buildings about a kilometre away are on the Olympic site.

东部,一公里外的大型建筑物都在奥林匹克场地上。

There's an indoor arena for gymnastics, a stadium for track and field and a swimming pool for races and synchronised swimming and also diving.

有一个体操体育馆,体育馆为田径比赛游泳池和花样游泳和跳水用的。

If you look carefully down there, you can see the train lines.

如果你仔细看下面,你可以看到火车线路。

The Olympic site has its own station to encourage the use of public transport.

奥运会场地有自己的车站,以鼓励使用公共交通工具。

There is also a car park, but it only holds a limited number of cars.

还有一个停车场,但它只能容纳下数量有限的汽车。

The formal park has some specially-created water features.

正式公园有一些有水的特色景点。

If you look out here to the south, you can see a circular ornamental pond.

如果你向南方去看,你可以看到一个圆形的观赏池塘。

And around to the west, you can relax and sit on a bench to smell the flowers in the rose garden,

而在西方你可以放松的坐在长凳上,闻玫瑰园中的花朵,

and finally up to the north, if you look in front of you now, there's a lake with a small island in the centre, you can hire rowing boats at the boat shed, which you can't see from here,

最后看北方,如果你看看在你的眼前,有一个中间有一个小岛的湖,你可以在船屋租划艇,你从这里看不到,

but if you look through the trees, you can see the cafe, which has lovely views across the water.

但如果你能看到那些树,你可以看到一个咖啡店,在那里可以看到水的美景。

OK, let's climb down now.

好吧,让我们爬下去。

We will go now and have a look at the nature reserve section of the park, which has opened up natural wetland to the public.

我们现在就去看看公园的自然保护区,它已向公众开放了天然湿地。

The Mangroves have been made more accessible to visitors by the boardwalk built during the parks upgrade.

公园的升级后的红树林的木板路更容易让游客行走。

You'd think that people would come here to look at the unusual plant life of the area, but in fact it’s more often used for cycling and is very popular with the local clubs.

你可能会认为人们会来这里是为了看这个地区的不寻常的生活,但事实上它更经常被用来骑自行车,并且很受当地俱乐部的欢迎。

This is the far end of the park and over there you can see the Frog Pond, a natural feature here long before the park was designed.

这是公园的尽头,在那里你可以看到青蛙池,在公园建造以前很久就有的一个自然景观。

Just next to it we have our outdoor classroom, a favourite spot for school parties.

就在它旁边,我们有我们的室外教室,学校聚会的最喜欢的地方。

The area is now most often used by primary schools for biology lessons.

这个地区现在最常被小学上生物课所用。

And finally let's pass by the Waterbird Refuge.

最后,我们让我们看看水乌保护区。

This area is in a sheltered part of the estuary,that's why the park's viewing shelter is a favourite spot for bird watchers who can use it to spy through binoculars.

这个地区是一个有遮蔽的部分,这就是为什么公园的观景处是观乌者最喜欢的地方,可以通过它来用望远镜侦察鸟类。

You can watch a variety of water birds, but most visitors expect to see black swans when they come to the shelter.

你可以看到各种各样的水的乌,但大多数游客希望在这里看到黑色天鹅。

You might spot one yourself right now!

你可能会自己亲眼看到一只!

Well, here we are back at our starting point, the Visitor Centre...

好了,现在我们返回我们的起点,游客中心。

Question 11 - 14

Choose the correct letter A, B or C

11 What kind of tour is Sally leading?

aa bus tour

ba train tour

ca walking tour

显示答案 正确答案: C

12 The original buildings on the site were

ahouses.

bindustrial buildings.

cshops.

显示答案 正确答案: B

13 The local residents wanted to use the site for

aleisure.

bapartment blocks.

ca sports centre.

显示答案 正确答案: A

14 The Tower is at the centre of the

anature reserve.

bformal gardens.

cBicentennial Park.

显示答案 正确答案: B

考生贡献解析

点击查看题目解析

暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
保存解析
取消
保存成功!

题目讨论

如果对题目有疑问,欢迎来提出你的问题,热心的小伙伴会帮你解答。

如何高效搞定此篇文章?

Bicentennial Park

马上练习