Section1:Enquiry About Joining Youth Council 纠错
查看听力原文 关闭显示原文
显示译文

Part A :

Good Morning. Youth Council.

早上好.我是青年理事会.

Caroline speaking.

卡洛琳.

Oh, hello, I'm interested in standing for election to the Youth Council,

噢,你好,我对竞选青年理事会常务感兴趣

And I was told to give you a call.

然后我被告知要打电话给你.

That's good.

很好.

Could I have your name, please?

请给我您的名字好吗?

Yes, it's Roger Brown.

是的,这是罗杰布朗.

Thank you.

谢谢.

I'm Caroline, the Youth Council administrator.

我是卡洛琳,青年委员会管理人.

So do you know much about what the Council does, Roger?

所以你了解青年会是干什么的吗,罗杰?

I've talked to Stephanie - I think she's the chair of the Council.

我已经和斯蒂芬妮谈过了--我想她是该委员会的主席.

That's right.

是的.

And she told me a lot about it.

她告诉我很多关它得事情.

How it's a way for young people to discuss local issues, for example, and make suggestions to the town council.

举例来说,它是怎么成为一个年轻人讨论当地问题的途径,并向市政委员会提出建议.

That's what made me interested.

这是让我感兴趣的地方.

Fine. Well, let me take down some of your details.

好的.好让我把你的一些细节记下来.

First of all, how old are you?

首先,你多大了.

You know the Council is for young people aged from 13 to 18?

你知道这个委员会是从13岁到18岁的年轻人吗.

I've just turned 18.

我刚满18.

And where do you live, Roger?

你住在哪里,罗杰?

Well that's a bit complicated.

嗯,这有点复杂.

At the moment I'm looking for a flat to rent here, so I'm in a hostel from Monday to Friday.

目前我在找一个公寓去租,所以从星期一到星期五我在招待所.

I go back to my parents' place at the weekend.

周末我回到我父母的地方.

OK, so where's the best place to send you some information about the Council?

好的,所以最好把青年会信息寄到什么地方?

Oh, to my parents' address, please.

噢,我父母的地址.

That's 17, Buckleigh Street- B-U-C-K-L-E-I-G-H Street, Stamford, Lincolnshire, though you don't really need the county.

那是林肯郡,斯坦福,巴克利街街,B-U-C-K-L-E-I- G-H,17号,尽管你并不需要填什么郡.

Oh, I know Stamford - it's a lovely town.

噢,我知道斯坦--这是个可爱的小镇.

And what's the postcode?

邮政编码是多少?

PE9 7QT

PE9 7QT

Right, thank you.

好的,谢谢.

So are you working here, or are you a student?

你在这儿工作,还是你是学生?

I started studying at the university a couple of weeks ago, and I've got a part-time job for a few hours a week.

我几周前开始在大学里学习,我已经找到了一份兼职工作,一周几个小时.

What do you do?

你做什么?

Well, I've done several different things.

嗯,我做了一些不同的工作.

I've just finished a short-term contract as a courier, and now I'm working as a waiter in one of the big hotels.

我刚刚完成了一个信使的短期合同,现在我在一家大饭店里工作.

Uhuh. That can't leave you much time for studying!

哈.这不能给你很多时间学习.

Oh, it's not too bad.

噢,这并不太坏.

I manage to fit it all in.

我设法去适应所有的这些.

What are you studying?

你在学什么?

My ambition is to go into parliament eventually, so my major subject is politics.

我的目标是最终进入议会,所以我的主修科目是政治.

That's partly why I think the Youth Council is important and want to be a part of it.

这就是为什么我认为青年委员会是重要的,想成为它的一部分.

And I suppose you're also taking a minor subject, aren't you?

我想你也要辅修一门课的,是不是?

I know a lot of people study economics too.

我认识很多人也学习经济学.

I chose history.

我选择了历史.

To be honest, I'm not finding it as interesting as I expected!

老实说,我没有发现它像我期望的那样有趣.

Part B :

OK, so with your studying and your part-time job,

好的,那么你要学习和做兼职工作

do you have time for any other interests or hobbies?

你有时间去华仔任何兴趣或爱好上吗?

Well, l spend quite a lot of time cycling - both around town to get to university and to work,

嗯,我花了很多时间去骑车兜风--在小镇周围去学校或工作,

and also long-distance, from here to London, for instance.

也有长距离的,例如从这里到伦敦.

That's pretty impressive!

那真是太令人印象深刻了.

Anything else?

还有别的吗?

For relaxation I'm also keen on the cinema - I used to go at least once a week,

放松的时候我也喜欢看电影--我以前每周至少去一次,

but I can't manage to go so often now.

但是我现在没法经常去了.

Right. Are you sure you'll have enough time for the Youth Council?

好的.你确定你有足够的时间去为青年委员会吗?

Yes, I've worked out that I can afford to reduce my hours at work, and that will make the time.

是的,我已经想好方法了,我可以减少我的工作时间,这会使时间足够.

So is there any particular aspect of the Youth Council's work that appeals to you, Roger?

青年委员会的工作有什么特别的方面,对你有吸引力,罗杰?

Well, my sister is blind, so I'm particularly interested in working with disabled young people,

嗯,我的妹妹是盲人,所以我对和残疾人年轻人一起工作特别感兴趣,

to try and improve the quality of their lives.

努力提高他们的生活质量.

That's great.

那太好了.

Well, the best way to get involved is to be nominated by some people who you know.

好的,最好的办法是由一些你知道的人提名.

Right. Can you tell me how to set about organising that?

好的.你能告诉我怎样去安排那个吗?

You should talk to Jeffrey, our Elections Officer.

你应该和杰夫瑞谈谈,我们的选举官员.

I can arrange a meeting in the council office with him, if you like.

如果你喜欢的话,我可以在议会室安排一个会议.

Yes, please.

是的,请安排.

He'll be here next Monday, if that suits you.

他下个星期一会来,如果那个时间适合你的话.

That's the 14th, isn't it?

这是十四号,对不对?

Yes.

是的.

I can manage late afternoon.

我可以在下午的晚些时候.

Would you like to suggest a time?

你能建议一个时间吗?

He generally leaves around 5.30.

他一般5.30离开.

Well, would 4.30 be 0K?

嗯,4.30可以吗?

My last class finishes at 4, so I'd have plenty of time to get to your office.

我最后一节课在4点结束,所以我有足够的时间去你的办公室.

Right, that's fine.

对,这很好.

Oh, and could I have a phone number we can contact you on?

哦,我能要一个你的联系电话吗?

Yes, my mobile number's 07788 136711.

是的,我的手机号码是07788 136711.

Thank you. Well, we'll look forward to seeing you next week.

:谢谢.好的,好的,期待下周见到你.

Thanks very much. Goodbye.

非常感谢.再见.

Bye.

再见.

Question 1 - 5

Complete the table below:

Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.

Enquiry about joining Youth Council

Example

Name: Rpger ___Brown___

Age: 18
Currently staying in a during the week
Postal address: 17, Street Stamford, Lincs
Postcode:
Occupation: student and part-time job as a
Studying (major subject) and history (minor subject)

显示答案 正确答案:

1. hostel   

2. Buckleigh   

3. PE9 7QT   

4. waiter   

5. politics   

考生贡献解析

点击查看题目解析

暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
保存解析
取消
保存成功!

题目讨论

如果对题目有疑问,欢迎来提出你的问题,热心的小伙伴会帮你解答。

如何高效搞定此篇文章?

Enquiry About Joining Youth Council

马上练习