Section1:Hiring A Public Room 纠错
查看听力原文 关闭显示原文
显示译文

Part A :

Hello?

你好?

Oh, hello.

哦,你好

I wanted to enquire about hiring a room in the Village Hall, for the evening of September the first.

我想咨询村务大厅九月一日晚上房间租赁相关的事情.

Let me just see...

让我看看…

Yes, we have both rooms available that evening.

好的,我们那天晚上有两个房间可以租.

There's our Main Hall - that's got seating for 200 people.

我们的主厅有200个人的座位.

Or there's the Charlton Room...

或有查尔顿室…

Sorry?

对不起.

The Charlton Room - C-H-A-R L-T-O-N.

查尔顿房间c-h-a-r I-t-o-n.

That's got seating for up to one hundred.

有多达一百个座位.

Well, we're organising a dinner to raise money for a charity, and we're hoping for at least 150 people, so I think we'll go for the Main Hall.

嗯,我们正在组织一个晚宴,为一个慈善团体筹款,我们希望至少有150人,所以我认为我们会选择主厅.

How much would that cost?

费用是多少?

Let's see. You wanted it for the evening of September 1st?

让我们看看.你想让在9月1日的晚上举办吗.

Yes, that's a Saturday.

是的,那是一个星期六.

So from six pm to midnight that'd be £115 - that's the weekend price, it's £75 on weekdays.

所以从晚上六点到午夜,是115英镑--这是周末的价格,工作日的价格是75英镑.

That's all right.

好的.

And I have to tell you there's also a deposit of ¡ê250, which is returnable of course as long as there's no damage.

我要告诉你的是,需要付250英镑的押金,当然只要没有损坏,这是可以退回给你的.

But we do insist that this is paid in cash, we don't take cards for that.

但我们坚持用现金支付支付这笔钱的,我们不收卡.

You can pay the actual rent of the room however you like though ¨C cash, credit card, cheque...

你可以用任何你想要的方式付房租,现金、信用卡、支票…

Oh, well I suppose that's OK.

噢,好吧,我想那应该没问题.

So does the charge include use of tables and chairs and so on?

那么,收费是否包括桌椅等的使用?

Oh, yes.

哦,是的.

And what about parking?

那停车呢?

Yeah. that's all included.

是的,这都包括在内.

The only thing that isn't included isn't you said you were organising a dinner?

唯一不包括的东西是…你说你在组织一顿晚餐.

Yeah.

是的.

Well, you'll have to pay extra for the kitchen if you want to use that.

好吧,如果你想用厨房的话,你就得付额外的费用了.

It's £25.

费用是25英镑.

It's got very good facilities - good quality cookers and fridges and so on.

它有很好的设施,优质的炊具和冰箱等.

OK, well I suppose that's all right.

好的.我想这个还不错.

We can cover the cost in our entry charges.

我们可以用我们的入场费来支付费用.

Right. So I'll make a note of that.

好的.所以我做一下记录.

Now there are just one or two things you need to think about before the event.

现在,在活动之前,有一两件事情是你需要考虑的.

For example, you'll have to see about getting a licence if you're planning to have any music during the meal.

例如,如果你打算在吃饭时有音乐,你就考虑得到一个执照.

Oh, really?

哦,真的吗?

It's quite straightforward, I'll give you the details later on.

这很简单,我稍后会给你详细的细节.

And about a week or ten days before your event you'll need to contact the caretaker, that's Mr Evans, to make the arrangements for entry - he'll sort that out with you.

大约在你活动前的一周或十天之前,你需要联系管理员伊万斯先生,为入场作安排--他会和你们一起安排.

And do I give him the payment as well?

那我也需要付他钱吗?

No, you do that directly with me.

不,你直接付钱给我.

Part B :

Right. Now is there anything I need to know about what happens during the event?

好的.现在活动中间有什么我需要了解的事情吗?

Well, as you'll be aware, of course the building is no smoking throughout.

Well, as you'll be aware, of course the building is no smoking throughout.

Of course.

当然.

Now, are you having a band?

现在你有乐队吗?

Yes.

是的.

Well, they'll have a lot of equipment, so rather than using the front door they should park their van round the back and use the stage door there.

好的,他们会有很多的设备,所以,他们应该把车停在后门而不是前门,并使用那里的后台入口.

You can open that from inside but don't forget to lock it at the end.

你可以从内部打开那门,但别忘了在结束的时候把它锁上.

OK.

好的.

And talking of bands, I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, but you must make sure that no one fiddles about with the black box by the fire door - that's a system that cuts in when the volume reaches a certain level. It's a legal requirement.

说到乐队,我想我不需要告诉你这个,但你必须确保没有一个人摆弄防火门旁边的黑盒子--当音量达到一定水平的时候,这个系统会起到.这是一个法律要求.

Sure. Anyway, we want people to be able to talk to one another so we don't want anything too loud.

当然.不管怎样,我们希望人们能够彼此交谈,所以我们不希望有任何太大的声音.

Oh, that reminds me, we'll be having speeches - are there any microphones available?

哦,这提醒了我,我们会有演讲,有麦克风吗?

Yeah. Just let the caretaker know, he'll get those for you.

是的。只需要让管理员知道,他会给你拿.

Right, now when the event is over we do ask that the premises are left in good condition.

好的,现在当活动结束时,我们要求房间状况良好.

So there's a locked cupboard and you'll be informed of the code you need to open that.

所以在那儿有一个碗柜,你会得到一个打开碗柜的密码.

It's got all the cleaning equipment, brushes and detergent and so on.

厨里面有所有的清洗设备,刷子和洗涤剂等.

Right. So what do we need to do after everyone's gone?

好的。大家都走了以后,我们需要做什么?

Sweep the floors I suppose?

我想是把地板打扫一下吗.

Well, actually they have to be washed, not just swept.

嗯,其实他们都要洗一下,不只是扫.

Then you'll be provided with black plastic bags, so all the rubbish must be collected up and left outside the door.

.然后我们会提供给你黑色塑料袋,所以所有的垃圾必须收集起来,并留在门外.

Of course. We'll make sure everything's left tidy.

当然。我们一定要确保所有的东西都整洁.

Oh, and I forgot to ask, I presume we can have decorations in the room?

哦,我忘了问,我想我们可以把房间装饰一下吗.

Yes, but you must take them down afterwards.

是的,但是事后你必须把它们拿下来.

Sure.

当然.

And the chairs and tables should be stacked up neatly at the back of the room.

椅子和桌子应该整齐地堆放在房间的后面。

I'll make sure I've got a few people to help me.

我要确保有几个人来帮我.

Complete the sentences below.

1 Room and cost
· the Room - seats 100

显示答案 正确答案: Charlton     

Complete the sentences below.

2 · Cost of Main Hall for Saturday evening: £

显示答案 正确答案: 115|one hundred fifteen|a hundred fifteen|one hundred and fifteen|a hundred and fifteen     

Complete the sentences below.

3 · + £250 deposit ( payment is required)

显示答案 正确答案: cash     

Complete the sentences below.

4 · Cost includes use of tables and chairs and also
Additional charge for use of the kitchen: £25

显示答案 正确答案: parking     

Complete the sentences below.

5 Before the event
· Will need a licence

显示答案 正确答案: music     

Complete the sentences below.

6 · Need to contact caretaker (Mr Evans) in advance to arrange

显示答案 正确答案: entry     

考生贡献解析

点击查看题目解析

暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
暂无解析
保存解析
取消
保存成功!

题目讨论

如果对题目有疑问,欢迎来提出你的问题,热心的小伙伴会帮你解答。

如何高效搞定此篇文章?

Hiring A Public Room

马上练习