始终显示原文
小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 71033 同学完成了练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第一段

1 .Oh, there you are, good.

哦,你有,很好。

2 .Sorry I'm a bit late - there was a long queue.

对不起,我有点晚了,队伍很长。

3 .So,have you worked out how to deal with the assignment then?

那么,你有没有想出如何处理这项任务呢?

第二段

1 .Not yet,we've only been here only a couple of minutes ourselves.

还没有,我们在这里也只有几分钟。

第三段

1 .Can you just remind me what the task is exactly?

你能提醒我一下任务是什么吗?

第四段

1 .Well,there're two, err, no, three,parts to it.

好吧,有2个,不,三个:

2 .The first we've got to write an essay about ways of collecting data.Then...

第一,我们得写一篇关于收集资料的文章。然后…

第五段

1 .What's the title of the essay exactly?

这篇文章的题目是什么?

第六段

1 .I've got it here.

我这里有:

2 .Assess the two main methods of collecting data in social science research.

《评估在社会科学研究中收集资料的2种主要方法》。

第七段

1 .And how much do we need to write?

我们需要写多少?

第八段

1 .1500 words.

1500字。

2 .That's for the essay.

这是文章的。

3 .Then, for the second part of the assignment, we have to choose one method of data collection, and carry out a small-scale study, making appropriate use of the method chosen to gather data from at least five subjects.

然后,对作业的第二部分,我们必须选择一个数据集的方法,并进行小规模的研究,作出适当的使用,从至少五个主体中收集数据。

第九段

1 .And then we have to write a report on the study?

那么随后我们就要写一篇研究报告吗?

第十段

1 .That's right,of three to four thousand words.

对,3000-4000字。

第十一段

1 .Did you get as far as discussing which form of data collection we should go for?

你有没有对我们应该去用哪种形式的数据收集进行讨论?

2 .Questionnaire or interview, isn't it?

问卷或采访,是不是?

第十二段

1 .Yes, I think we should use a questionnaire.

是的。我想我们应该用一个问卷。

2 .It'll be so much less time-consuming than organising interviews, I reckon.

这会比组织面试的时间要少得多。我想。

3 .Once we've agreed on the wording of it, we only have to send it out and wait for the responses.

一旦我们商量好它的措辞,我们只要把它发送出去,等待回应。

第十三段

1 .Yes,i think it probably would be quicker.

是的。我想可能会更快。

2 .But what did that article he gave us last week say about the quality of data from questionnaires?

但是上周他给我们的文章说的是从问卷调查数据的质量吗?

第十四段

1 .I'm pretty sure it recommended questionnaires as a source of highly reliable data.

我敢肯定它推荐调查问卷作为一种“高度可靠的数据”的来源。

2 .As long as you design the questionnaire properly in the first place, the data will be fine.

只要你一开始将问卷设计得很好,数据就会很好。

第十五段

1 .No,I'm sure it talks about drawbacks as well, doesn't it?

不,我肯定它也谈到了缺点,不是吗?

2 .Something about the response rate and the problems you get if it is too low.

关于响应率和如果响应率太低你会遇到的问题。

第十六段

1 .Yeah, but we only need data from 5 subjects anyway.

是的。但是我们只需要数据来自五个主体,无论如何。

第十七段

1 .Oh, I suppose so.

我想是的。

2 .Another drawback I remember it mentioned was that questionnaire data tends not to reveal anything unexpected,because it is limited to the questions fixed in advance by the researcher.

另一个缺点我记得它提到的是,问卷数据往往不会透露任何意外的东西,因为它只合有有限的问题,由研究者事先确定。

第十八段

1 .Come on, Rosa.

别这样,罗萨。

2 .This is only a practice.

这只是一种练习。

3 .It's not meant a real research, is it?

这并不意味着真正的研究,是吗?

第一十九段

1 .Well, I'm sure about that.

好吧。对于这一点我并不确定。

第一段

1 .Maybe I'd better go through the article again,just to be sure.

也许我们应该再过一遍文章,去确认一下。

2 .Can you remember what it was called?

你能记住它的名字吗?

第二段

1 .Sample Surveys in Social Science Research, I think. By Mehta.

《抽样调查的社会科学研究》,我认为是,梅塔写的。

第三段

1 .M-E-H-T-A?

m-e-h-t-a?

第四段

1 .Yeah.

是的。

2 .And he also recommended a more recent book, called Survey Research, by Bell, I think.

他还推荐了一个最近的一本书,叫做《调查》,贝尔写的。

3 .It's in that series published by London University.

这是伦敦大学系列中的。

第五段

1 .And if we tried to use interviews instead,I saw a book in the departmental library that will be helpful: it's called Interviews That Work,by Wilson, published in Oxford in 1988.

如果我们试着用面试来代替。我在部门图书馆看到一本书,会对这有帮助的:它叫《面试工作》,由Wilson写的,在1988年牛津出版。

第六段

1 .Right.

对。

2 .Oh, I have got a tutorial now.

我现在有一个个别辅导。

3 .Can we meet up again later this week?

我们可以在本周晚一点的时间再一次见面吗?

4 .What about Friday morning?

星期五上午怎么样?

第七段

1 .Suits me. 11 o'clock?

适合我。十一点?

第八段

1 .Fine.

好的。

第九段

1 .Before Friday, I think we should all look through the reading list.

星期五之前,我想我们都应该通读阅读清单。