始终显示原文
小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 71033 同学完成了练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第一段

1 .Hi, Laura could you spare a few minutes to talk about the work placement you did last summer?

嗨,劳拉,你能抽出几分钟时间来谈谈你去年夏天的实习工作吗?

2 .I'm thinking of doing one myself ...

我想自己也做一个…

第二段

1 .Hi, Tim.

嗨,提姆。

2 .Sure.

当然可以。

第三段

1 .Didn't you do yours at an environmental services company?

你不是在一家环保公司工作的吗?

第四段

1 .That's right ...

是的…

2 .It's only a very small company and they needed someone to produce a company brochure, and I wanted to get some business experience because I'm interested in a career in occupational psychology in a business environment.

它是一个非常小的公司,他们需要有人来制作一个公司的小册子,我想获得、一些商业经验,因为我对商业环境中的职业心理学非常感兴趣。

3 .It was good because I had overall responsibility for the project.

这是好的,因为我对项目有整体的责任感。

第五段

1 .What kind of skills do you think you developed on the placement?

你觉得你在实习中提高了什么样的技能?

2 .I mean, apart from the ones you already had ...

我的意思是,除了那些你已经拥有的…

3 .Did you have to do all the artwork for the brochure, the layout and everything?

你要为小册子做所有的插图吗,还有布局和一切其他工作?

第六段

1 .We hired the services of a professional photographer for that.

我们雇佣了一个专业摄影师做这个工作。

2 .I did have to use my IT skills to a certain extent because I cut and pasted text from marketing leaflets, but that didn't involve anything I hadn't done before.

我不得不在一定程度上使用我的电脑技巧,因为我需要为了营销宣传单剪切和粘贴一些内容,但这都没有涉及到我以前没做过的事。

第七段

1 .Do you think you got any better at managing your time and prioritising things?

你认为你在管理你的时间和分辨事务的优先级上有提高吗?

2 .You always used to say you had trouble with that ...

你过去总是说关于这两项内容你比较困扰…

第八段

1 .Oh, definitely.

哦,当然。

2 .There was so much pressure to meet the project deadline.

为了满足项目的截止日期肯定会有很大的压力。

3 .And I also got better at explaining things and asserting my opinions, because I had to have weekly consultations with the marketing manager and give him a progress report.

并且,关于解释事情和阐述观点上我也得到了提高,因为我不得不每周咨询营销经理并给他一份进度报告。

第九段

1 .It sounds as if you got a lot out of it then.

听起来你好像收获了很多。

第十段

1 .Absolutely.

绝对。

2 .It was really worthwhile ...

真的很值得…

3 .But you know, the company benefited too ...

但是你知道,公司也从中受益了…

第十一段

1 .Yes, they must have done.

是的,他们一定会从中获益。

2 .After all, if they'd used a professional advertising agency to produce their brochure instead of doing it in house, presumably they'd have paid a lot more?

毕竟,如果他们使用了一个专业的广告公司来制作他们的小册子,而不是在内部做,大概他们会花费更多?

第十二段

1 .Oh, yes.

哦,是的。

2 .I worked it out it would have been 250 per cent more.

我已经算清楚了,大概多提高了250个百分点。

3 .And I thought the end result was good, even though we did everything on site.

我认为最终结果是好的,即使我们在网站上做了所有的事情。

4 .The company has quite a powerful computer and I managed to borrow some scanning software from the university.

这家公司有相当强大的计算机,我设法从大学借了一些扫描软件。

5 .The new brochure looks really professional; it enhances the image of the company straight away.

新的小册子看起来是很专业的;它马上就提高了公司的形象。

第十三段

1 .So in the long run it should help them to attract clients, and improve their sales figures?

那么,从长远来看,它应该帮助他们吸引客户,提高他们的销售业绩是吗?

第十四段

1 .That's the idea.Yeah.

我们就是这么打算的。是的。

第一段

1 .Well, all in all it sounds very positive I think I will go ahead and apply for a placement myself.

好吧,这一切听起来是非常积极的,我想我也会这样做的,申请一个我自己的位置。

2 .How do I go about it?

我应该怎么做呢?

第二段

1 .It's easy enough to do, because there's a government agency called STEP S T E P that organises placements for students.

这很容易的,因为有一个政府机构叫STEP-S-T-E-P-组织学生实习的。

2 .You should start by getting their booklet with all the details I expect you can download one from their website.

你首先应该得到他们关于所有细节的小册子-我希望你能从他们的网站上下载一个。

第三段

1 .Actually, they've got copies in the psychology department I've seen them there.

实际上,他们在心理部有复本,我在那里看到过他们。

2 .I'll just go to the office and pick one up.

我一会儿就去办公室拿一个。

第四段

1 .Right.

好的。

2 .And then if I were you, after I'd looked at it I'd go over all the options with someone ...

然后,如果我是你,在我看了它以后,我就会去和一个人分析一下所有的选择…

第五段

1 .I suppose I should ask my tutor's advice.

我想我应该问一下我导师的建议。

2 .He knows more about me than anyone.

他对我的了解比任何人都多。

第六段

1 .One of the career officers would be better, they've got more knowledge about the jobs market than your personal tutor would have.

就业指导人员可能会是更好的选择,他们会比你的个人导师更了解工作市场的知识。

第七段

1 .OK ...

好的…

第八段

1 .And then when you know what you want you can register with STEP you'll find their address in the booklet.

然后当你知道你想要什么了你就可以注册STEP了--你会在小册子里找到他们的地址。

2 .And once you've registered they assign you to a mentor who looks after your application.

一旦你注册了,他们就把你分配给一个会关注你申请的导师。

第九段

1 .And then I suppose you just sit back and wait till you hear something?

那么接下来就是坐等消息了吗?

第十段

1 .They told me at the careers office that it's best to be proactive, and get updates yourself by checking the website for new placement alerts.

他们告诉我,在就业指导办公室,最好还是具有主动性,经常查看网站上的工作信息来更新自己的信息。

2 .Your mentor is supposed to keep you informed, but you can't rely on that.

你的导师应该让你知道这些信息的更新,但是你不能完全依靠他。

第十一段

1 .I don't suppose it's a good idea to get in touch with companies directly, is it?

我不认为和公司直接联系是个好主意,是吗?

第十二段

1 .Not really ...

是的。

2 .But it is the company who notifies you if they want you to go for an interview.

但如果他们要你去面试,公司会通知你的。

3 .You get a letter of invitation or an email from personnel departments.

你有一封来自人事部门的邀请信和邮件。

第十三段

1 .And do I reply directly to them?

我需要直接回复他们吗?

第十四段

1 .Yes, you do.

是的,你需要这样做。

2 .STEP only gets involved again once you've been made a job offer.

STEP只有会在你一旦得到了工作机会的时候才会再次介入。

第十五段

1 .Right ...

好的…

2 .So, once you've had an interview you should let your mentor know what the outcome is?

所以,一旦你有一个面试机会,你应该让你的导师知道结果是什么?

3 .I mean whether you're offered a job, and whether you've decided to accept it?

我的意思不管你是否提供了一份工作.或者是否决定接受它?

第十六段

1 .That's right.

是的。

2 .They'll inform the careers office once a placement has been agreed, so you don't have to do that.

一旦有了一个位置,他们会通知就业中心如果一个职位被确定了,所以你不必这么做。

第十七段

1 .Is that all then?

这就是全部吗?

第十八段

1 .More or less.

或多或少吧。

2 .Only once you've accepted an offer you'll probably have to supply a reference, because the placement will be conditional on that.

只要你接受了一个工作邀请,你可能必须要提供一个参考,因为这个职位将是建立在这个条件之上的。

3 .And that's something you should ask your own tutor to provide.

这也需要你自己的导师来提供。

4 .He knows about your academic ability and also about your qualities, like reliability.

他了解你的学术能力,也了解你的品质,比如可靠性。

第一十九段

1 .Well, thanks very much for the information I'm starting to look forward ...

好的,非常感谢你给我提供的这些信息。现在我已经开始期待…