始终显示原文
小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 71033 同学完成了练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第一段

1 .Hello?

喂?

2 .Oh hello. I was hoping to speak to Jack Fitzgerald about renting a cottage.

哦,你好。我想和杰克·菲茨杰拉德谈谈租房的事。

3 .I’m his wife, Shirley, and we own the cottages together, so I’m sure I can help you.

我是他的妻子雪莉,我们一起拥有这些小屋,所以我相信我可以帮助你。

4 .Great. My name’s Tom. Some friends of ours rented Granary Cottage from you last year, and they thought it was great. So my wife and I are hoping to come in May for a week.

太好了。我叫汤姆。我们的一些朋友去年从你这里租了粮仓小屋,他们觉得很棒。所以我和我妻子希望五月份来一周。

5 .What date did you have in mind?

你想的是几号?

6 .The week beginning the 14th, if possible.

如果可能的话,从十四号开始的一周。

7 .I’ll just check ... I’m sorry, Tom, it’s already booked that week.

我查一下…对不起,汤姆,那个星期已经预订了。

8 .It’s free the week beginning the 28th, though, for seven nights.In fact, that’s the only time you could have it in May.

但是从28日开始的一周有七个晚上是免费的。事实上,那是你五月份唯一可以拥有的时间。

9 .Oh. Well, we could manage that, I think. We’d just need to change a couple of things. How much would it cost?

哦。嗯,我认为我们可以做到。我们只需要改变一些事情。要多少钱?

10 .That’s the beginning of high season, so it’d be £550 for the week.

那是旺季的开始,所以一周是550镑。

11 .Ah. That’s a bit more than we wanted to pay, I’m afraid. We’ve budgeted up to £500 for accommodation.

啊。恐怕这比我们想支付的要多一点。我们已经预算了高达500英镑的住宿费用。

12 .Well, we’ve just finished converting another building into a cottage, which we’re calling Chervil Cottage.

嗯,我们刚刚把另一栋楼改造成了小屋,我们称之为切尔维尔小屋。

13 .Sorry? What was that again?

什么?那是什么来着?

14 .Chervil. C-H-E-R-V for Victor I-L.

切尔维尔。维克多I-L的C-H-E-R-V。

15 .Oh, that’s a herb, isn’t it?

哦,那是一种草药,不是吗?

16 .That’s right. It grows fairly wild around here.You could have that for the week you want for £480.

没错。它在这一带长得相当野生。你可以花480镑在你想要的一周内拥有它。

17 .OK. So could you tell me something about it, please?

好的。所以你能告诉我一些关于它的事情吗?

18 .Of course. The building was built as a garage.It’s a little smaller than Granary Cottage.

当然可以。这栋楼是作为车库建造的。它比粮仓小屋小一点。

19 .So that must sleep two people, as well?

那两个人也要睡吗?

20 .That’s right. There’s a double bedroom.

没错。有一间双人卧室。

21 .Does it have a garden?

它有花园吗?

22 .Yes, you get to it from the living room through French doors, and we provide two deckchairs. We hope to build a patio in the near future, but I wouldn’t like to guarantee it’ll be finished by May.

是的,你可以从客厅通过法式门去拿,我们提供两把躺椅。我们希望在不久的将来建造一个天井,但我不愿意保证它能在5月前完工。

23 .OK.

好的。

24 .The front door opens onto the old farmyard, and parking isn’t a problem – there’s plenty of room at the front for that. There are some trees and potted plants there.

前门通向老农场,停车不是问题——前面有足够的空间。那里有一些树和盆栽。

25 .What about facilities in the cottage? It has standard things like a cooker and fridge, I presume.

小屋的设施怎么样?我猜它有标准的东西,比如炊具和冰箱。

26 .In the kitchen area there’s a fridge-freezer and we’ve just put in an electric cooker.

厨房里有一个冰箱冰柜,我们刚刚放了一个电炉。

27 .Is there a washing machine?

有洗衣机吗?

28 .Yes. There’s also a TV in the living room, which plays DVDs too.

是的。客厅里还有一台电视,也可以播放DVD。

29 .The bathroom is too small for a bath, so there’s a shower instead.I think a lot of people prefer that nowadays, anyway.

浴室太小,不能泡澡,所以改为淋浴。无论如何,我认为现在很多人更喜欢这样。

30 .It’s more environmentally friendly, isn’t it?Unless you spend half the day in it!

这样更环保,不是吗?除非你在里面呆了半天!

31 .Exactly.

正是。

32 .What about heating? It sometimes gets quite cool at that time of year.

暖气怎么办?一年中的那个时候有时会变得相当凉爽。

33 .There’s central heating, and if you want to light a fire, there’s a stove. We can provide all the wood you need for it.

有中央暖气,如果你想点火,有炉子。我们可以提供你需要的所有木材。

34 .It smells so much nicer than coal, and it makes the room very cosy – we’ve got one in our own house.

它闻起来比煤香多了,它让房间非常舒适——我们自己家里就有一个。

35 .That sounds very pleasant. Perhaps we should come in the winter, to make the most of it!

听起来很愉快。也许我们应该在冬天来,充分利用它!

36 .Yes, we find we don’t want to go out when we’ve got the fire burning. There are some attractive views from the cottage, which I haven’t mentioned.

是的,我们发现当我们生完火就不想出去了。从小屋可以看到一些吸引人的景色,我还没有提到。

37 .There’s a famous stone bridge – it’s one of the oldest in the region, and you can see it from the living room. It isn’t far away.

有一座著名的石桥——这是这个地区最古老的桥之一,从客厅就可以看到。它不远。

38 .The bedroom window looks in the opposite direction, and has a lovely view of the hills and the monument at the top.

卧室的窗户朝相反的方向,可以看到秀丽的山景和顶部的纪念碑。

39 .Well, that all sounds perfect.I’d like to book it, please. Would you want a deposit?

嗯,听起来都很完美。我想预订它。你要押金吗?

40 .Yes, we ask for thirty percent to secure your booking, so that’ll be, um, £144.

是的,我们要求30%来确保您的预订,所以是,嗯,144镑

41 .And when would you like the rest of the money?

剩下的钱你想什么时候要?

42 .You’re coming in May, so the last day of March, please.

你五月份来,所以请在三月的最后一天(把剩余的钱给我们)。

43 .Fine.

很好。

44 .Excellent. Could I just take your details ...

太好了。我能知道你的详细情况吗?…