原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第一段
1 .Ah ... come in, Russ.
Russ,请进。
第二段
1 .Thank you.
谢谢。
第三段
1 .Now you wanted to consult me about your class presentation on nanotechnology -you're due to give it in next week, aren't you?
你想请教我一些你将在下周提交的关于纳米科技的课堂演讲,对吧?
第四段
1 .That's right. And I'm really struggling.
是的。我现在还在挣扎中。
2 .I chose the topic because I didn't know much about it and wanted to learn more,
我选择这个话题是因为我并不是很了解,所以想学习更多相关知识,
3 .but now I've read so much about it, in a way there's too much to say-
但是现在我读了太多相关的东西,所以要说的太多了。
4 .I could talk for much longer than the twenty minutes I've been allocated.
我能说的时间,要比分配给我的二十分钟长很多。
5 .Should I assume the other students don’t know much, and give them a kind of general introduction,
我是应该认为其他学生懂得不多,然后给他们一些大概的介绍呢?
6 .or should I try and make them share my fascination with a particular aspect?
还是应该和他们分享我最喜欢的一个特别的方面?
第五段
1 .You could do either,
这两种都可以,
2 .but you'll need to have it clear in your own mind.
但是需要在自己的脑中有很清楚的认知。
第六段
1 .Then I think I'll give an overview.
那我觉得我还是给大家一个概述。
第七段
1 .OK.
可以。
2 .Now, one way of approaching this is to work through developments in chronological order.
现在,要这样做的话,一种方式就是用时间顺序来串起来它的发展过程。
第八段
1 .Uh-huh.
嗯嗯。
第九段
1 .On the other hand, you could talk about the numerous ways that nanotechnology is being applied.
另一方面,你可以讨论一下纳米不同的应用方式。
第十段
1 .You mean things like thin films on camera displays to make them water-repellent,
你的意思是比如相机显示屏上的能够防水的薄膜,
2 .and additives to make motorcycle helmets stronger and lighter.
让摩托车头盔更加结实、轻便的添加剂。
第十一段
1 .Exactly.
是的。
2 .Or another way would be to focus on its impact in one particular area,
或者,另一种方式可以是侧重于纳米科技对某个特定领域的影响,
3 .say medicine, or space exploration.
比如说医药,或者是太空探索等。
第十二段
1 .That would make it easier to focus.
那样会更容易集中话题。
2 .Perhaps I should do that.
也许我应该那样做。
第十三段
1 .I think that would be a good idea.
我认为这会是一个好主意。
第十四段
1 .Right, How important is it to include slides in the presentation?
是的。在演讲展示中使用幻灯片很重要吗?
第十五段
1 .They aren't essential, by any means.
不管怎样,他们都不是必须的。
2 .And there's a danger of tailoring what you say to fit whatever slides you can find.
有一个风险就是让你要说的话去配合你找到的幻灯片。
3 .While it can be good to include slides,
尽管使用幻灯片确实不错,
4 .you could end up spending too Iong looking for suitable ones.
但是你可能会花太多时间寻找合适的幻灯片。
5 .You might find it better to leave them out.
你可能会觉得最好还是不用幻灯片了。
第十六段
1 .I see.
我懂了。
2 .Another thing I was wondering about was how to start.
另一件事情是我还在思考如何开场。
3 .I know presentations often begin with 'First I'm going to talk about this, and then I'll talk about that’,
我知道一般的演讲都是以"首先我要说一下这个,其次我要说一下那个"开始,
4 .but I thought about asking the audience what they know about nanotechnology.
但是我想问问观众对于纳米科技都知道什么。
第十七段
1 .That would be fine if you had an hour or two for the presentation,
如果你有一两个小时来演讲的话,那应该是可以的,
2 .but you might find that you can't do anything with the answers you get,
但是你可能会发现,尽管有了那些答案,你也不能做什么事情,
3 .and it simply eats into the short time that's available.
这只会占用演讲有限的时间。
第十八段
1 .So, maybe I should mention a particular way that nanotechnology is used, to focus people's attention.
所以,我应该提一下纳米技术应用的具体方式,来吸引大家的注意力。
第一十九段
1 .That sounds sensible.
这样听起来很明智。
第二十段
1 .What do you think I should do next?
那您觉得我接下来应该怎么做呢?
2 .I really have to plan the presentation today and tomorrow.
我必须在今明两天之内构思好我的演讲。
第二十一段
1 .Well, initially I think you should ignore all the notes you've made,
恩,首先我觉得你应该把你做的笔记放到一边,
2 .take a small piece of paper, and write a single short sentence that ties together the whole presentation:
拿出一张小小的纸,然后写下一句能够将整个演讲串联起来的很短的话:
3 .it can be something as simple as 'Nanotechnology is already improving our lives'.
可以是像"纳米科技正在提升我们的生活质量"的这种话。
4 .Then start planning the content around that.
然后围绕这句话开始构思。
5 .You can always modify that sentence later, if you need to.
如果你需要的话,后面还可以继续修改那句话。
第二十二段
1 .OK.
好的。
第一段
1 .OK, now let's think about actually giving the presentation.
好了,现在让我们来想一下实际的演讲。
2 .You've only given one before, if I remember correctly, about an experiment you'd been involved in.
如果我没记错的话,你以前只演讲过一次,是关于你参加的一个实验。
第二段
1 .That's right.
是的。
2 .It was pretty rubbish!
相当糟糕!
第三段
1 .Let's say it was better in some respects than in others.
应该说它有长处也有短处。
2 .With regard to the structure,
关于结构,
3 .I felt that you ended rather abruptly, without rounding it off.
我觉得你结束得相当突然,没有圆满结束。
4 .Be careful not to do that in next week's presentation.
注意不要在下周的演讲中这样做。
第四段
1 .OK.
好的。
第五段
1 .And you made very little eye contact with the audience,
你很少和观众有眼神交流,
2 .because you were looking down at your notes most of the time.
因为你大部分时间都在看笔记。
3 .You need to be looking at the audience and only occasionally glancing at your notes.
你需要看着听众,只是偶尔看看你的笔记。
第六段
1 .Mmm.
嗯。
第七段
1 .Your body language was a little odd.
你的肢体语言有点奇怪。
2 .Every time you showed a slide, you turned your back on the audience so you could look at it
每次你放映幻灯片的时候,为了看到幻灯片,你会转身背对着观众。
3 .- you should have been looking at your laptop.
——你应该看你的笔记本电脑。
4 .And you kept scratching your head,
而且你一直在挠头,
5 .so I found myself wondering when you were next going to do that,
我感觉我一直在想你下次会在什么时候挠头,
6 .instead of listening to what you were saying!
而不是听你在说什么。
第八段
1 .Oh dear.
哦天哪。
2 .What did you think of the language?
那你觉得语言怎么样呢?
3 .I knew that not everyone was familiar with the subject,
我知道不是每个人都熟悉这个话题,
4 .so I tried to make it as simple as I could.
所以我尽量把它简单化。
第九段
1 .Yes, that came across.
是的,那是对的。
2 .You used a few words that are specific to the field,
你用了一些特定领域的词,
3 .but you always explained what they meant,
但是你每次都会解释单词的意思。
4 .so the audience wouldn't have had any difficulty understanding.
所以观众理解起来不会有任何困难。
第十段
1 .Uh-huh.
嗯嗯。
第十一段
1 .I must say the handouts you prepared were well thought out.
我不得不说,你准备的讲义考虑很周到。
2 .They were a good summary of your presentation,
很好地总结了你的演讲,
3 .which people would be able to refer to later on.
这样之后人们可以用来作参考。
4 .So well done on that.
做得很好。
第十二段
1 .Thank you.
谢谢。
第十三段
1 .Well, I hope that helps you with next week's presentation.
好的,希望这些对你下周的演讲有所帮助。
第十四段
1 .Yes, it will. Thanks a lot.
是的,当然会。非常感谢。
第十五段
1 .I'll look forward to seeing a big improvement, then.
那么我期待看到你更大的进步。