始终显示原文
小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 71033 同学完成了练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第一段

1 .Hello William, this is Amber.

你好William,我是Amber。

2 .You said to phone if I wanted to get more information about the job agency you mentioned.

你说过如果我需要更多关于你提到的工作中介的信息,可以打电话给你。

3 .Is now a good time?

现在你方便吗?

4 .Hi Amber, yes, fine.

你好Amber,是的,现在方便。

5 .So, the agency I was talking about is called Bankside, they’re based in Docklands.

我提到过的中介名叫Bankside,地处Docklands。

6 .I can tell you the address now, 497 Eastside.

我可以现在告诉你地址,是497 Eastside。

7 .Ok, thanks. So, is there anyone in particular I should speak to there?

好的,谢谢。那么,有什么人是我特别要找的吗?

8 .The agent I always deal with is called Becky Jamieson.

我经常打交道的经纪人叫Becky Jamieson。

9 .Let me write that down. Becky...

让我写下来。Becky…

10 .Jamieson, J-A-M-I-E-S-O-N.

Jamieson, J-A-M-I-E-S-O-N.

11 .Do you have her direct line?

你有她的直线电话吗?

12 .Yes, it’s in my contact somewhere.

有的,在我的联系方式记录里。

13 .Right, here we are, 07866 510333.

在这,是07866 510333。

14 .I wouldn’t call her until the afternoon if I were you.

如果我是你,我下午才会给她打电话。

15 .She’s always really busy in the morning trying to fill last minute vacancies.

她早上总是非常忙,总试图利用上每一分钟。

16 .She’s really helpful and friendly, so I’m sure it would be worth getting in touch with her for an informal chat.

她真的很乐于助人,也很友好,所以我相信与她进行一次非正式的交谈是值得的。

17 .It’s mainly clerical and admin jobs they do, where isn’t it?

他们主要做的是文书和行政工作。不是吗?

18 .That’s right.

是的。

19 .I know you’re hoping to find a full-time job in the media eventually.

我知道你希望最终能在媒体行业找到一份全职工作。

20 .But Becky mostly recruits temporary staff for the finance sector, which will look good on your CV and generally pays better too.

但是Becky主要是为金融行业招聘临时员工,这样会让你的简历好看些,而且通常薪水也更高。

21 .Yeah, I’m just a bit worried because I don’t have much office experience.

是的。我只是有点担心,因为我没有太多的办公室经验。

22 .I wouldn’t worry.

我不太担心。

23 .They’ll probably start you with a receptionist or something like that.

他们可能会先让你做前台或类似的工作。

24 .So, what’s important for that kind of job isn’t so much having business skills or knowing lots of different computer systems.

所以,对于这类工作来说,重要的不是拥有商业技能或了解很多不同的计算机系统。

25 .It’s communication that really matters.

真正重要的是沟通能力。

26 .So, you’d be fine there and you’ll pick up office skills really quickly on the job.

所以,你在那里会做得很好,而且你会在工作中很快学会办公室技能。

27 .It’s not that complicated.

这并不复杂。

28 .Okay good.

好的。

29 .So how long do people generally need temporary staff for?

那么,一般需要做多长时间的临时员工?

30 .It would be great if I could get something lasting at least a month.

如果我能做至少一个月的时间就好了。

31 .That shouldn’t be too difficult, but you’re more likely to be offered something for a week at first, which might get extended.

这应该不会太难,但你更有可能在一开始得到一个为期一周的工作,然后可能会延长。

32 .It’s unusual to be sent somewhere for just a day or two.

很少会有为期1-2天的工作。

33 .Right, I’ve heard the pay isn’t too bad, better than working in a shop or a restaurant.

好的,我听说工资不是太差,比在商店或者饭店工作要好些。

34 .Oh yes, definitely.

对的,当然。

35 .The hourly rate is about 10 pounds, 11 if you’re lucky.

时薪大概有10英镑,如果幸运的话能有11英镑。

36 .That’s pretty good.

那很好了。

37 .I was only expecting to get 8 or 9 pounds an hour.

我预期时薪只有8或9英镑。

38 .Do you want me to tell you anything about the registration process?

你想让我告诉你有关注册程序的事情吗?

39 .Yes, please. I know you have had an interview.

是的,请告诉我。我知道你已经面试过了。

40 .The interview usually takes about an hour, and you should arrange that about a week in advance.

我知道面试通常需要一个小时,你应该提前一周左右安排。

41 .I suppose I should dress smartly if it’s for office work.

如果是办公室工作的话,我想我应该穿得得体一点。

42 .I can probably borrow a suit from mum.

我可以向我妈妈借一套衣服。

43 .Good idea, it’s better to look too smart than too casual.

好主意。穿得太正式总比太随便好。

44 .Will I need to bring copies of my exam certificate or anything like that.

我需要带我的考试证书或类似的东西吗?

45 .No, they don’t need to see those, I don’t think.

不需要,他们不需要看这些证书,我不认为。

46 .What about my passport?

那我的护照呢?

47 .Oh yes, they will ask to see that.

那需要,他们会要求看你的护照的。

48 .Ok.

好的。

49 .I wouldn’t get stressed about the interview there.

我不会因为面试而感到压力。

50 .It’s just a chance for them to build relationship with you.

这只是他们与你建立关系的一个机会。

51 .So, they can try and match you to a job which you like.

所以,他们可以试着帮你找到一份你喜欢的工作。

52 .So, there are questions about personality that they always ask candidates, fairly basic ones.

他们总是会问应聘者一些关于性格的相当基本的问题。

53 .And they probably won’t ask anything too difficult like what your plans are for the future.

他们可能不会问你任何困难的问题,比如你未来的计划是什么。

54 .Oh, hope not.

希望不会。

55 .Anyway, there are lots of benefits to using an agency.

总之,使用中介有很多好处。

56 .For example, the interview will be useful because they’ll give you feedback on your performance, so you can improve next time.

例如,面试会有用处因为他们会根据你的表现给到反馈,所以你下一次就可以有所改善。

57 .And they’ll have access to jobs which aren’t advertised.

他们也可以获得没有公开招聘的工作机会。

58 .Exactly, most temporary jobs aren’t advertised.

没错,大部分临时工作都没有公开招聘。

59 .And I expect finding a temporary job this way takes a lot less time.

我通过这种方式找到一份临时工作能少花很多时间。

60 .It’s much easier than ringing up individual company.

这比单独跟进公司要容易很多。

61 .Yes, indeed. Well, I think I’ve covered everything...

是的,没错。我觉得我应该都讲到了……