始终显示原文
小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 71033 同学完成了练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第一段

1 .I've been reading your personal statement, Paul.

我最近一直在看你的个人陈述,保罗。

2 .First, let's talk about your work experience in South America.

首先,让我们来谈谈你在南美的工作经验。

3 .What took you there?

你为什么去哪里?

4 .Was it to gain more fluency in Spanish?

是为了让西班牙语更加流利吗?

第二段

1 .Well, as I'm combining Spanish with Latin American studies, my main idea was to find out more about the way people lived there.

嗯,我把西班牙语和拉丁美洲的研究结合起来,我主要是想了解更多当地人的生活方式。

2 .My spoken Spanish was already pretty good in fact.

其实我的西班牙口语已经很不错了。

第三段

1 .So you weren't too worried about language barriers?

那么你是不是不太担心语言障碍呢?

第四段

1 .No.

我不担心。

2 .In fact, I ended up teaching English there, although that wasn't my original choice of work.

事实上我在那里最后是做英语教学的,虽然那不是我最初想要做的工作。

第五段

1 .I see.

我明白了。

2 .How did you find out about all this?

你是怎么知道这个项目的?

第六段

1 .I found an agency that runs all kinds of voluntary projects in South America.

我找到了一个机构,在南美管理各种志愿者项目的。

第七段

1 .What kind of work?

什么样的志愿者服务?

第八段

1 .Well, there were several possibilities.

嗯,有几个选择。

第九段

1 .You mean construction?

你是说建筑?

2 .Engineering work?

做工程?

第十段

1 .Yes, getting involved in building projects was an option.

是的,参与建设是一个选择。

2 .Then there was tourism-taking tourists for walks around the volcanoes-which I actually chose to do, and then there was work with local farmers.

然后还有旅游项目一带领观光客参观火山一我实际上选择了做这个,然后还有和当地农民一起工作的志愿项目。

第十一段

1 .But you didn't continue with that project.

但是你没有继续那个旅游项目。

2 .Why not?

这是为什么呢?

第十二段

1 .Because I never really knew whether I'd be needed or not.

因为我不知道他们是不是需要我这样的。

2 .I'd thought it might be difficult physically, but I was certainly fit enough...no, I wanted to do something that had more of a proper structure to it, I suppose.

我原以为这份工作可能对身体要求比较高,但那时候我已经非常健壮了…不,我想做一些更难的事。

3 .I get de-motivated otherwise.

否则我就会没有动力。

第十三段

1 .What do you think you learned from your experience?

你觉得你从这次经历中学会了什么?

2 .It must have been a great opportunity to examine community life.

肯定是一个审视社区生活的绝佳机会。

第十四段

1 .Yes, but it was difficult at first to be accepted by the locals.

是的,但一开始很难被当地人接受。

2 .It was a very remote village and some of them were reluctant to speak to me-although they were always interested in my clothes and how much I'd had to pay for them.

这是一个非常偏远的村庄,有些人不愿意跟我说话,虽然他们总是对我的衣服感兴趣,还很想知道这衣服要多少钱。

第十五段

1 .Well, that's understandable.

嗯,这也是可以理解的。

第十六段

1 .Yes, but things soon improved.

是的,但是后来事情就好转了。

2 .What struck me was that when people became more comfortable with me and less suspicious, we really connected with each other in a meaningful way.

让我没想的是,当人们后来和我在一起不会那么局促了而且也不那么防备了,我们的关系变得非常有意义。

第十七段

1 .You made good friends?

你在那里交到朋友了吗?

第十八段

1 .Yes, with two of the families in particular.

是的,有两个特别好的朋友。

第一十九段

1 .Good.

好的。

2 .What about management.

管理这方面怎么样。

3 .Did you have a project manager?

你有项目经理吗?

第二十段

1 .Yes and he gave me lots of advice and guidance.

是的,他给了我很多建议和指导意见。

第二十一段

1 .And was he good at managing too?

他也擅长管理吗?

第二十二段

1 .That wasn't his strong point!

那不是他的强项!

2 .I think he was often more interested in the academic side of things than filing reports.

我认为他对学术往往比对写报告更加感兴趣。

3 .He was a bit of a dreamer.

他有一点梦想家的感觉。

第二十三段

1 .And did you have a contract?

你和他们签过合同吗?

第二十四段

1 .I had to stay for a minimum of three months.

嗯我要至少待在那里三个月。

2 .My parents were surprised when I asked to stay longer-six months in the end.

实际上我最后待在那里六个月,对此我父母都比较惊讶。

3 .I was so happy there.

因为我在那里很开心。

第二十五段

1 .And did anything on the administration side of things surprise you?

在行政这方面,有什么事让你很吃惊ll7

2 .What was the food and lodging like?

食物和住宿怎么样?

第二十六段

1 .Simple...but there was plenty to eat and I only paid seven dollars a day for that which was amazing really.

生活挺简单的…但有很多吃的,而且我每天只花七美元,这我还觉得蛮惊喜的。

2 .And they gave me all the equipment I needed...even a laptop.

他们还给了我所需要的全部设备….甚至是一台笔记本电脑。

第二十七段

1 .You didn't expect that then?

你没想到会那么好吗?

第二十八段

1 .No.

从来没想到过。

第二十九段

1 .Well, I'll look forward to hearing more.

嗯。期待等下听到更多。

第一段

1 .But now let's look at these modules.

但现在让我们看看这些板块。

2 .You'll need to start thinking about which ones you'll definitely want to study.

你要开始思考你想要学什么。

3 .The first one here is Gender Studies in Latin America.

第一个是拉美的性别研究。

第二段

1 .Mmm...

嗯…

第三段

1 .It looks at how gender analysis is reconfiguring civil society in Latin America.

它关注性别分析是如何重塑拉美社会的。

2 .Women are increasingly occupying positions in government and in other elected leadership positions in Latin America.

女性在拉美政府和其他领导地位占据着更多的席位。

3 .I think you'd find it interesting.

我想你会觉得它很有趣的。

第四段

1 .If it was to do with people in the villages rather than those in the public sphere, I would.

如果那些人是村里的,而不是公共领域里的,我想我就会去研究的。

第五段

1 .Okay.

好的。

2 .What about Second Language Acquisition?

那二语习得你觉得怎么样?

第六段

1 .Do you think I'd find that useful?

你认为我会觉得它有用吗?

第七段

1 .Well, you've had some practical experience in the field, I think it would be.

嗯,你在这方面有一定的实际经验,我想会有用的。

第八段

1 .I hadn't thought about that.

我以前没想到。

2 .I'll put that down as a definite, then.

那我会去研究一下的。

第九段

1 .Okay.

好的。

2 .What about Indigenous Women's Lives.

那土著妇女的生活这个课题怎么样。

3 .That sounds appropriate.

听起来很合适。

第十段

1 .I thought so too, but I looked at last year's exam questions and that changed my mind.

我也这么想,但我看了去年的考试题目,我的想法有所改变。

第十一段

1 .Don't judge the value of the course on that.

不要用考试题目判断课程价值。

2 .Maybe, talk to some other students first and we can talk about it again later.

你可以先跟其他同学谈谈,然后再决定。

第十二段

1 .Okay.

好的。

第十三段

1 .Yes.

是的。

2 .And lastly, will you sign up for Portuguese lessons?

最后,你会报名葡萄牙语言的课程吗?

第十四段

1 .My Spanish is good, so would I find that module easy?

我的西班牙语很好,所以我会不会觉得这个课程太容易了?

第十五段

1 .Not necessarily.

不一定。

2 .Some people find that Spanish interferes with learning Portuguese...getting the accent right too.

有人发现西班牙语会干扰葡萄牙语言的学习…甚至会觉得很难发音。

3 .It's quite different in a lot of ways.

两种语言在很多方面大相径庭。

第十六段

1 .Well, I'd much sooner do something else, then.

嗯。那我宁愿学点别的。

第十七段

1 .Alright.

好吧。

2 .Now, what we need to do is...

现在,我们需要做的是…